Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to town this evening and noticed for the first time when I stop at a red light (in drive, foot on the brake) my VSC off, traction control, and atrac dash lights lit up. (the 3 lights below check engine). the first time it happened i thought they'd been on the whole time so i pushed the atrac/diff lock buttons on and off; then shifted to N and back to D.. didn't fix anything. Once I started driving again the lights went back off. It did this 2 or 3 times tonight. Strange, any ideas what would cause this? It hasn't been off road in a long time and never in water or anything crazy like that.

Only other light on is my maintenance light telling me its time to change the oil (which it isn't yet because of amsoil 6 month good stuff).

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
It's just the FJ trying to be festive and displaying it's Christmas lights. :lol:

Sorry, I could not resist...it's the eggnog...or what I mixed it with. :jester:

I have not experienced that. Hopefully you are still under warranty and the dealer can check it out for ya. Good luck sir.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Well...first I would reset your 5K auto default service light...make sure you record all the miles with that better oil service...easy to go past whatever the better blend may be if not recorded with actual mileage.

If you have done nothing more than stock...meaning no recent mods to the suspension or bigger rims or tires...Take it in for diagnostic...may be something simple and if not ...your warranty most likely take care of it...Hope So...

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
^^^:lol: at wilson :cheers: I would bet you have a wheel sensor going bad. Finding it will be the tough part. Un plug the battery for at least ten minutes and that will reset everything. After that if it still does it, it might be dealer time. Good luck!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
So, it only happens when u hit the brakes but this happens randomly?

I would check the wiring that connects your ABS along with the wheels sensors. Check for any rips in the wiring and also make sure the connections are tight. Another thing u may wanna check is to see that the break caliper is nice and snug as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
^^^:lol: at wilson :cheers: I would bet you have a wheel sensor going bad. Finding it will be the tough part. Un plug the battery for at least ten minutes and that will reset everything. After that if it still does it, it might be dealer time. Good luck!:cheers:
thats the only way to get rid of it lol, when i made my intake the same thing happened, it was the air flow sensor, but i had to unplug the battery about 16 times to reset the computer and erase all the codes LOL, now shes just use to it...happy sailing from here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts