Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever have that happen? Its a bugger to get set back into the dash! I found a way though. Tried fingers- did not work, tried fishing line to fish it out- didn't work. Thought a small suction cup to paste on the face would work- no. So, I picked up one of those 3M picture hangers- the ones with the tape that can come off the wall? So, I put it together and pasted it on the face of the clock inside the dash. I already called the Toyota dealer and they thought the whole dashboard would have to come out. Well the picture hanger has a hook on it just big enough for a finger or a screw driver or whatever. And the tape covers the whole face so it held great. Now I get it back up to where it sits and... It wont hold in place! It was then I saw the right side was about 1/4 inch back so I moved it around and put the right side in first and BINGO! it is back in place! A $2 part instead of 4 hours and $175 at the dealer. If you find yourself in the same situation- do the same thing and save yourself a good deal of cash!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Welcome!

OK, stupid question time...
What dashboard clock? I have a 2009, and I don't have one. Is it a dealer add-on or year specific option?

Oh and good job getting it back where it needs to be! If mine ever fell in (which it probably won't, see stupid question above), the tip would come in handy.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Welcome!

OK, stupid question time...
What dashboard clock? I have a 2009, and I don't have one. Is it a dealer add-on or year specific option?

Oh and good job getting it back where it needs to be! If mine ever fell in (which it probably won't, see stupid question above), the tip would come in handy.
I find it hard to believe you don't have one

·
Admin
7,409 Posts
Welcome!
:cheers:

·
Registered
375 Posts
some of FJ didn't come with that.. it's optional

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
some of FJ didn't come with that.. it's optional

Oh boy..... The dash clock isn't an option. The dash cluster is.:nerd

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oh boy..... The dash clock isn't an option. The dash cluster is.:nerd
:wink you know what I meant.. lol Ok.. that was total mistake of mine. I didn't read carefully.. just got back from gym after squatting bro!.. lost my mind.

·
Registered
954 Posts
That's a new one on me! I never knew the clock was an option.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
:wink you know what I meant.. lol Ok.. that was total mistake of mine. I didn't read carefully.. just got back from gym after squatting bro!.. lost my mind.

:wink:cheers:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
One of these days you'll be driving along and FJ clock is going to be like "hey there" and you are going to scream like a girl because it was RIGHT THERE the entire time :lol:
Guess what?
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh (my little girl scream...)

WTF was I thinking? For some reason I pictured a clock set in next to the fuel, temp, and battery gauges. I completely brain farted the digital clock above the stereo. When I headed home after work, there it was staring at me.:bangin:

Move on everyone, nothing to see here...

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Interesting solution. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,331 Posts
Guess what?

WTF was I thinking? For some reason I pictured a clock set in next to the fuel, temp, and battery gauges. I completely brain farted the digital clock above the stereo. When I headed home after work, there it was staring at me.:bangin:

Dat funay

LOL thread of the night

Now move to the leaky pipe thread, we all get awards there

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Guess what?

This was the first mod I did to my FJ. I swapped the dash clock out for one of these.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts