Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a Database Error when performing a VB search. Only had one key word "skid", Titles Only, All forums, Show Results as 'threads'

I use Google most of the time, no issues of course. This started showing up about the time the Forum changed locations. Figured someone else would report, hope its not Just me :)

DB Error.jpg

Thanks,
Lee

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
Can't say that i've seen it.
I tend to use the google custom search though.

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
I got my first DB error today...
Something is rotten in the cloud.

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
I've had constant DB timeout errors the last 24 hours.
I've escalated to the mods group.

·
Administrator
2,074 Posts
Hey there,

This is an intermittent server drop issue we're trying to solve it.
When does this usually occur? Is there a specific time? Mornings, evenings?
I'll need to see if there's a pattern to these errors.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there,

This is an intermittent server drop issue we're trying to solve it.
When does this usually occur? Is there a specific time? Mornings, evenings?
I'll need to see if there's a pattern to these errors.

Ed
No pattern I can see. I'm on at various times day and night... For me issue is constant, not intermittent.

Lee

Edit: still not working. 5/29 4:06 PM Pacific

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
I've not had any problems in a couple of days

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe it is me?

When using the VB search I have it selected in the bar at top right of the screen. Then I click on 'search' with nothing entered. I then get the 'advanced' search screen where you can select, originator, which forum to search, display as post or thread etc... This is what has stopped working for me.

If I enter a search word in the box (top right of screen) then click on search it works. I don't use this method.

I always used what I thought of as the 'advanced search' and that is what is not working for me.

(click for larger image)

Search.png

Thanks,
Lee

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,993 Posts
I haven't been able to use search in quite some time as the page won't stop loading and the white search box never comes up. Down at the bottom left of the page it says, "Waiting for dromos.verticalscope.com" and it just shows that over and over and never finishes loading and bring the box up. I just got used to not having that. This is on the Active Topics page. It works sometimes on other pages.

Lately the biggest thing I've noticed is that it takes forever to open a page sometimes. I can click on a topic, go make a sandwich, grab a beer, look at the sky to see if it's cloudy, use the bathroom, come back and sit down, eat the sandwich and drink the beer, and then maybe the page will finally load.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do miss the VB advanced search. Like to do searches for posts from specific members.

Probably not so critical but other little things I've noticed lately. (I'm terrible at describing stuff)

Replying to a post. Used to automatically/instantly subscribe you and you can right then unsubscribe. Now I have to go to subscriptions then unsubscribe. Sometimes when looking at a subscribed thread (as shown is subscriptions) it still says subscribe. Have to subscribe and then unsubscribe to clear it from subscriptions.

Editing a post or a new entry. At the start or very end of a line, adds an extra carriage return. Thought maybe it was my keyboard which does give me an extra space between words sometimes. Not just in the forum. The extra CR is just in the forum.

Not such a big deal but didn't do this before the switch.. And I am getting a new keyboard :grin

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to reply to this issue. The Advanced Search function has been working perfectly for me for some time now.

Went to use it a couple weeks back and it worked! And has been working..:clap:

Thanks for the good work...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts