Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have a 2.5 daystar lift or those who know, do you have to install new shocks when installing this kit? Again this lift is mostly for looks and very mild offroading. Thanks!

·
Registered
672 Posts
For those who have a 2.5 daystar lift or those who know, do you have to install new shocks when installing this kit? Again this lift is mostly for looks and very mild offroading. Thanks!
Its the best solution for a lift on your FJ.
for when you need bigger tires
for when you need ur FJ leveled.
for when you go wheeling.

Check out my pics from Rausch Creek Park. I have the Daystars and stock suspensions. this is just an add on, on the springs and work amazingly. The Toyota Trail Team FJ that was there had the same setup only from Revtek.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Its the best solution for a lift on your FJ.
I mean no offense what-so-ever, but I do feel obligated to make it clear that a spacer lift such as Daystar or Revtek is hardly the "best" solution for lifting the FJ.

While many people have these setups and are happy with them, the reality is that if you want the "best", you have to move up to the Adjustable Coilover options offered from the likes of All-Pro/Walker Evans, Fox, Donahoe, just to name a few.

Again, this isn't a knock on your setup or an attempt to insult, but to claim that a spacer lift of any kind is the "best" of anything is a bit far-fetched.

As for the OP's question about the daystar setup (or any spacer type setup), for looks and mild wheeling, you'll be fine with it. However, a spacer lift such as this does put a bit more stress on your stock shocks/coils and will cause them to wear out faster, potentially negating the choice of a spacer lift for budget sake.

Just my two cents. I've been a happy OME/ToyTec user for several months now and would definitely suggest looking into it as an alternative to the spacer route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts