Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and from what I have seen so far on this site I can tell that everyone is very mucn in favor of the "search" feature, so with that said let me assure you that I have done as much searching on this topic as I care to do but haven't exactly found my answer. So here goes:

I want a very small front leveling lift. My FJ is only two weeks old and I don't want to start the major lift mods quite yet but I do want a more level stance and firmer front end. I have seen two different Daystar lift kits out there, one that is 2.5 front and 1.5 rear and another one from Wheelers Offroad that offers the front 2.5 lift in two separate 1.25" pieces; one under the spring and one on top.

What I'm thinking would be best for me right now is to get just half of that front kit from Wheelers and pre load the spring in front with the 1.25" lift under the spring, this would then firm up the front as well as level it out some.

Here is the product description from that site:

1.25" Lift Front Coil Spacer Kit: This kit mounts under the upper coil support plate and preloads the coil, replacing the factory rubber coil isolator. This provides a slightly firmer ride than stock but is not uncomfortable. It will take some of the dive and roll out of the front end, and is great for those customers wanting to compensate for a winch and bumper. Requires disassembly of the front struts.

Does this sound right? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
TD

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
I just installed a Daystar spacer kit on a 4Runner last weekend
the kit has polyurethane spacer for the front that sits on top of the coilover with extended bolts thus giving you the lift, rear is a spacer that sits on top of the rear springs. hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just installed a Daystar spacer kit on a 4Runner last weekend
the kit has polyurethane spacer for the front that sits on top of the coilover with extended bolts thus giving you the lift, rear is a spacer that sits on top of the rear springs. hope this helps
Here is the link to the kit I'm referring to Daystar Lift Kit for Toyota FJ Cruiser -Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc- as you can see, it's different than the one you speak of and seems to come with some options. The front is comprised of two spacers, each lifting the vehicle 1.25"; one on top of the spring, one on the bottom allowing for customization.

Thx.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Daystar kit, pictured above, on my FJ. Yes, I don't see any reason you couldn't install half of the front lift. Installing the portion above the shock will be easier than installing the portion that pre-loads the spring.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts