Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would there be any advantages to combine a daystar leveling lift spacer kit with bilstein 5100's? would i get extra lift? would it be better to have the longer shocks rather then using the stock shocks with the spacers?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Here they are.. We will be installing these on my friend's FJ once we get the rear 5100 from allpro.. They are back ordered till the 20th of this month.. I'll keep you posted once installed..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet! so those are the daystars on top of the shocks? what coils are those? where did you get them? they look sweet!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
341 Posts
yes, looks interesting, Id like to know also. Be lifting mine with income tax money, so Id like to know as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hopefully someone else has done this otherwise we have to wait for J to let us know

·
Registered
739 Posts
What are the 5100s set to? I would think that the kind of coilovers you have could negate the need for the spacers. For example if you have OME or ToyTec or AllPro coils, then you would probably only need to set the 5100s to the 2nd notch, and you could see how that levels the front. Wouldn't recommendd going past the 2nd notch if using aftermarket coils. If stock then you're probably set the the 4th (top) notch and might have to consider using a spacers depending on the amount of weight up front. You and your buddy are going to have to experiment (without knowing the specifics of the parts you're using). It's recommended to not exceed the middle setting on the 5100s with longer/stronger coil springs. The bilsteins will give you 2.5-3" in the front, so longer shocks are needed. Much better performance than stock.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
it's set to the lowest level, the spacer is already 3" so no need to lift on the shocks..
if my buddy get an aftermarket bumper and winch in the future, we can stiffen the coils by cranking the lift on the shocks..

Coilspring is stock powder coated in red :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
If that's what your goign run then it should be fine. Again you might have to experiment and see what you like, but again if you go with a heavier aftermarket coil then don't go past the 2nd notch, also you might want to consider a front differential drop kit. They're about $30 and don;t take to loong to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts