Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 157 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,849 Posts
Good job @Marklee :rocker: I’ve had my Squadron Sports wide cornering, mounted on mine for years and in addition to being indispensable for nightruns, have helped me avoid some deer hits. Painted them red (of course :rofl:) after powdercoat flaked, so even if Danny has improved it, I’d recommend a preemptive coating of good automotive enamel prior to install. Also the BD S2 lights are lower profile with a huge light output and being rectangular, would look good on these mounts. Here’s mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi debFJVT,
Thanks for posting the picture of your FJ along with the tip on BD lights and paint. I never thought about painting them brackets and who says they have to be black.
I think we're getting pretty close now for many of us to finally have these!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
I talked to Danny at DB Customz today and was told that in about a week we should be able to buy our Cowl Light Brackets!
Keep an eye on his website dbcustomz.com for the Cowl Light Brackets link to show up, and when it does grab one quick and 'celebrate'.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Also want to add that Danny is a stand up guy and I’m glad we are supporting his home-grown business! I wheeled with him and his son in Moab a few years ago - here’s his rig:
Looks Like Kane Creek ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You all need DB rear light brackets, one of the best mods I have ever done.
Ah yes, just waiting for those front ones to hit the web page and ordering both.
I didn't tell the other half what these $120 brackets I've always wanted was going to turn into money wise. LOL.

Front Brackets, rear brackets, front lights, rear lights, might as well put new ambers in the bumper while I'm at it and well, just may have to go with the Trailtoys NSA box to wire it all in to.

Oh, might as well drop into DD and pick up LED turn and brake bulbs now that I have the Smart Tap flasher waiting to go in.....

Some days, the FJ is the only thing that keeps me coming to work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I talked to Danny at DB Customz today and was told that in about a week we should be able to buy our Cowl Light Brackets!
Keep an eye on his website dbcustomz.com for the Cowl Light Brackets link to show up, and when it does grab one quick and 'celebrate'.
Does this mean even if we didn't sign up for the preorder, we can purchase one from the site?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Does this mean even if we didn't sign up for the preorder, we can purchase one from the site?
Yes you can. In the beginning the list was to see if we could get at least 20 for Danny to consider making a batch for us. Purchasing them off his website is the way he wants us to acquire them. If they sell out I'm pretty sure he'll make some more if there's an interest.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
DANNY HAS THE LINK UP ON HIS WEBSITE FOR OUR COWL LIGHT BRACKETS!
He had to go with carbon steel instead of stainless to keep the cost down as stainless would have been another $30. He uses high quality powder coating so these will work out great!

·
Premium Member
11,679 Posts
I have small 18 watt cubes on the rear mounts - use them all the time.

Backing out of parking stalls in busy parking lights.....on they go. You get noticed.

81 - 100 of 157 Posts