Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Just placed my order. I should have asked before, but how hard is it to remove the light from the mounts? I'd like to install these mounts (leave them on) and have lights mounted only when I need them. Will I have access to the fog light bracket bolt while the mount is installed?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - FOR ALL OF US!

It wasn't just me alone, but all of us that made this happen. Thank you fellow FJ enthusiasts, and a special thanks to Baddawg, Iconic, debFJVT, and Hannibal for your positive input along with your photos.

Monday I'm ordering my lights from BD and still planning to go with their Squadron Sport, Driving/Combo. It's a hard choice to make seeing that they have so many great lights to choose from.

ML

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,765 Posts
Just placed my order. I should have asked before, but how hard is it to remove the light from the mounts? I'd like to install these mounts (leave them on) and have lights mounted only when I need them. Will I have access to the fog light bracket bolt while the mount is installed?
Pretty sure you can leave the cowl mounts intact without the lights by pulling off the single bolt holding the light in place. The more complicated part will be the wire which means unclipping the cowl plate of the hood and unplugging the wire, then replacing the cowl plate. Recommend you use electrical tape on the exposed plug end given where you/we live :| Also I’d replace the mounting bolt on top just to make sure the two parts stay together. Or I guess you run with just the L shaped part showing...I’ve done that and it’s hardly visible...up to you.

Congrats everyone - Enjoy!!!!!! :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I haven't received mine as yet either. I don't have an ETA but If they don't arrive by the first of the week l'll give Danny a quick call. Got my BD lights and more than ready to get started on the install.
I'm in the same boat with the BD lights waiting on the brackets. I talked to Danny Monday night and he said a few more days. I know they have been backed up, he was when I went down there to have him install my grill.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 157 Posts