Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok install is complete and here are the pictures

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Forgive my NOOB question, but after opening accessible areas and examining the cowl panel, i am not seeing fasteners or clips that would allow removal of the panels without damage. Any hints on how to release these panels?

It appears that the package includes what I believe to be plastic replacement clips. I cannot see anything that looks like them when I shine a light into the panel's underside.

Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Forgive my NOOB question, but after opening accessible areas and examining the cowl panel, i am not seeing fasteners or clips that would allow removal of the panels without damage. Any hints on how to release these panels?

It appears that the package includes what I believe to be plastic replacement clips. I cannot see anything that looks like them when I shine a light into the panel's underside.

Thanks for your advise.
They do pry up, but, honestly I had help, a Toyota mechanic remove them for me

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts

Thanks for your advice.
This video on windshield replacement shows very well the panel removal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just curious if most folks have received their brackets already. I ordered mine Feb 4th and haven't received it yet. I have a shipping label but no shipment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm using the wide cornering beam pattern with the lights pivoted about 40 degrees out. Most of the trails and mountains we go to are heavily grown in and narrow, so distance is not too important, but being able to see trailheads and potential hazards off angle of the headlights is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Got around to installing mine today, as well as finishing an HID retrofit.

Nice work with your install! I can't believe that I haven't been able to find the time to get started on mine yet - to much time at work, then the flu, but the good news is I was able to get registered for the FJ Summit. I'm thinking about possibly doing the same setup with Carling switches on that side panel and was wondering if you had to do any cutting behind it to make room for anything? Are you using relays?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice work with your install! I can't believe that I haven't been able to find the time to get started on mine yet - to much time at work, then the flu, but the good news is I was able to get registered for the FJ Summit. I'm thinking about possibly doing the same setup with Carling switches on that side panel and was wondering if you had to do any cutting behind it to make room for anything? Are you using relays?
Thanks. Yes there's a fair amount of cutting to do back there, but it could all be squeezed in without losing any of the clip-in points for the panel.
I'm not using any relays for the the Baja lights, they are powered from a secondary Blue Sea fuse panel I installed under the dash, and they draw such low current (4A total) that they do not need relays, those Carling switches are fine for 20A.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes there's a fair amount of cutting to do back there, but it could all be squeezed in without losing any of the clip-in points for the panel.
I'm not using any relays for the the Baja lights, they are powered from a secondary Blue Sea fuse panel I installed under the dash, and they draw such low current (4A total) that they do not need relays, those Carling switches are fine for 20A.
Tonight I'll pop off that panel and take a good look back there. Another option would be the unused oem switch openings in the front panel but I guess you have to auger them out a bit to fit the Carling switches. Also need to take a look at that Blue Sea fuse panel that you mentioned. The cowl lights are my first light install with more lights to follow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So what's the craziest light setup you have all seen used with these brackets? Post pictures!

Placed my order and they have been shipped.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

141 - 157 of 157 Posts