Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im wanting to upgrade to HIDs in my fj and from reading on here DDMs seem to be about the best bang for the buck setup. Could somebody tell me exactly what I need for an FJ. I am planning on the 55 watt kit with 6,000k bulb color. My main question is what bulb do I need? I want to keep my hi and lo's. Can somebody help me with this? thanks in advance for anybody that does

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
From their website: HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Wattage: 55W (+$10.00)
Bulb Type: H4/HB2/9003 Hi/Lo (+20.00)
Bulb Color: 6000K

HID Harness: no need *
Error Eliminator: no need
Adapter Cables: no need

Full HID Kit Includes:
- 2 DDM Digital Slim ballasts
- 2 HID Bulbs
- Life-Time Warranty

*High / Low kits come with a fused relay harness and controller that regulates the high / low operation.*

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm about to order the DDM kit and I was reading about on the 55w kits there is color washing. I am looking for a white light not a real blue or yellow. On the 55w kits will the 6000k bulbs look yellow or should i get 8000k bulbs to get a white light

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 55 watt 10000k and there's is just a hint of blue not purple at all. Next time I will buy 6000k just to make it a little more white

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I just switched out my dual beam 10,000 color to the DDM 6000 dual beam 55 and now my day time running lights don't work with this unit. They worked with the ebay kit I bought months ago. I just wanted my headlights to have the same color as my HID airdam lights and was going to put the old kit in my jeep. Does it ever end???

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry for bumping an old thread, but i'm contemplating the DDM HID H4 high/low kit.

is it plug and play? hows the light output? Is there a lot of light glare/bleed?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Plug and play, light output (brightness) is better, pattern is not ideal, and more glare. If you install this, the housing will need to be adjusted downward a lot.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have the same setup (anzo projectors and 6000k 55w DDM HID's). Be aware that the bulb size for the Anzo's is different than the stock FJ headlights. I don't recall what type is needed though.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same setup (anzo projectors and 6000k 55w DDM HID's). Be aware that the bulb size for the Anzo's is different than the stock FJ headlights. I don't recall what type is needed though.....
Do these projectors actually come with HID bulbs/ballast already? Or I have to buy an HID kit on top of that?

I think they are H9 instead of the stock H4/9003. Right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts