Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer and my FJ is supposed to be in port on the 10th. So I asked him for the VIN number to get the insurance information and he said they cannot provide the VIN#.

This does not sound right, I would think a dealer who has the unit allocated and expected delivery a week from now would have the VIN number.

Is this possible? Or could it be that they are jerking me around. Is there some way I could get the VIN number or method I can suggest to him to get the VIN number?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a sales person for Toyota and once the vehicle is built you get the vin# if the vehicle is just in A=allocated status and not built yet you will not have a vin#.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also waiting delivery on the 10th. My sales guy called me last Friday and gave me the VIN number.

You should ask and tell them that I already have mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mikemcla said:
I am a sales person for Toyota and once the vehicle is built you get the vin# if the vehicle is just in A=allocated status and not built yet you will not have a vin#.
So would they have it once the vehicle is in port? It's due in on the 10th so I would think that upon port arrival that they would have the vin numbers correct?

I appreciate the information! They already screwed me over by giving me the wrong price by $1000!!! so I did the financing and now have to cover the difference so I hope they don't jerk the date around on me either.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
See the thread titled "Is my dealer full of crap" in the general section.

I was having this same problem and it turns out that whether or not your dealer has a VIN at this point in the process depends on which region your FJ is coming from.

-Ethan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts