Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. This is an old question, but I'm not having any luck with finding an answer. I'm one of those that have the cheap dealer installed alarm, at least I think it is. It is not a VIP and the manager kept referring to it as a V3. I can't get a manual out of them and have reached a dead end. It has a LED in the switch blank and a valet button on the kick panel. Does anyone know how this thing works (i.e. programming, valet button, etc) or have a instruction sheet. It must be a generic little thing that probably several vendors sell. I'm sure that others have this issue as well. Thanks Ron

PS: I'm not really interested in changing the cheap alarm, I'd just like to know how to operate it

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
you can look behind the driver kick panel and look way up and search for a black box. The manufacture's name should be on there with a model number.

Many dealerships use Chapman Alarms which is the same as Code Alarm. If it's a chapman/Code then the instructions are on the net.

Good Luck.

T

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.. That's the most info I've been able to get about this thing. I found the CodeAlarm site and a manual for a CA-310 "factory remote door lock upgrade.. " unit. I'm sure it's something like that. I'll see if i can see the thing this weekend. At least I now know what the LED started flashing the day I turned it off, took the key out and starting reading the news paper.. LOL.. Thanks Ron

you can look behind the driver kick panel and look way up and search for a black box. The manufacture's name should be on there with a model number.

Many dealerships use Chapman Alarms which is the same as Code Alarm. If it's a chapman/Code then the instructions are on the net.

Good Luck.

T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts