Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone out there have some idea as to how often dealers receive a new shipment of FJs? I know that much of it depends upon sales, but dealers must receive FJs that are not yet spoken for to keep some on the lot for viewing.

I have been monitoring the dealer inventories in my area (over 8 dealers within an hour of me) and they have not changed in several weeks. Also, I was unpleasantly surprised as to how bad some of the dealer websites are. Many of the sites to not even list what packages each vehicle has.
Bonehead

·
Registered
369 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not or have never been a dealer and am only speculating. The FJ is a niche vehicle - the dealers aren't going to have too many of them on the lot increasing the perception of scarcity. This gives them an advantage as far as price negotiations go - if you come in looking for an FJ, you probably already have your mind made up to buy one. Your choices are to wait until those on the lots sell and the dealers get a new batch or order exactly what you want through a dealer (and negotiation on price will be minimal)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Usually they get some about once a month, but I know the same automatic FJ has been sitting in front of my local dealer's showroom for at least 5-6 weeks now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I happened to have a good friend that used to work at my local toyota dealership and they would not know the frequency of the FJ's arriving or how many would show up. I will say that when I was shopping for my first FJ back in 06 they were able to access the shipment records to track one down for me and let me choose from a couple of different ones. When I decided which one I wanted the dealership claimed it and it was shipped to them a few weeks later. I would think that dealerships could still access shipping logs to find out what will arrive at port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts