Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 10,000 mile oil change was talking with the shop guy, he said make sure to bring it back at 15,000 so we can do the extensive maintenance plan. I asked what exactly is it,. he said they would hook it up to a machine and clean the fuel system and yadada. HE quoted me 450 does this sound right? what should really be done at 15,000

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
You don't need a fuel injector cleaning at 15,000 miles. Unless you've been putting swamp water in your gas tank.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You don't need a fuel injector cleaning at 15,000 miles. Unless you've been putting swamp water in your gas tank.

DEWFPO
ARCO/ BP Gas is pretty close to swamp water.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My dealer told me all I need to do is change the oil every 5k miles, ever. All the other crap in the maintenance schedule is a waste of money. This came from the service manager too. I was surprised but happy.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Change your oil, cabin filter (you can make your own for quite a bit less that will filter much better), rear diff, and add a can of BG 44k to clean the fuel system if it makes you feel better.

$450 my A$$!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.