Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a Toyota Dealer in Richmond Va, (That is part of Central Atlantic Toyota or CAT), our dealer system now lets us preference FJ Cruisers, by color and equipment, sorry no pricing yet,but if you want one of the first you should be able to have your dealer prefernce YOUR color and YOUR equipment opptions. I hope tp meet some of you on the beach or trail soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great news. My dealer here in TN has already preferenced mine pending, of course, formal announcement of finalized option packages. And although the prices aren't known yet, he also has guaranteed in writing that I will not pay over MSRP. I've also requested a right of first refusal (excpet those ahead of me on the list) and expect a response soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FE- 50 State Emmissions
CQ- Convenience Package
GY- Side Curtain airbags
UP- Upgrade package #1( SOORY NO LIST OF EQUIP YET)
UR- Upgrade package #2( "" )
AL-17" Aluminum Wheels w/Spare
DL-Rear Differential locks
RB- Running Boards

PAINT CODES

02JR-WHITE/TITANIUM MET.
02JT-WHITE/BLACKCHERRY PEARL
02JU-WHITE/SUN FUSION
02JV-WHITE/VOODOO BLUE
02JW-WHITE/BLACK DIAMOND

MODEL CODES

4702 - FJ 4X2 WAGON (AUTO)
4703 - FJ 4X4 WAGON (6SPD MAN)
4704 - FJ 4X4 WAGON ( 5spd AUTO)
No shown opption for 4x2 manuall transmission in this region

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hope this helps:
FJ OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
CQ PKG INCLUDES:
-lamps on outside mirrors
-daytime running lights
-back sonar
-rear privacy glass

DL: REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS

GY: CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS

RB: RUNNING BOARDS

UP: UPGRADE PKG #1 INCLUDES:
- requires CQ
- AL: 17" alloys
- active traction VSC
- DL: differential locks
- am/fm/cd 8 speaker
UR UPGRADE PKG#2 INCLUDES:
-UP and adds a rear wall mounted subwoofer

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Interesting that almost none of the "Genuine Toyota Accessories" shown for the blue FJC at SEMA show up on your lists. Do I have options and accessories confused? Does the distributor configure options based on regional packaging, while dealers install the accessories later? So am I going to have the dealer's daughter's flunky boyfriend drilling into my FJC roof to install the roof rack? I know my dealer can install quite a few things, but I'd prefer that they don't.

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=16186&galleryId=30

·
Registered
378 Posts
Okay Guys....I'm back !!! Couldn't stay away. :D

Any info on the tires ?? BFG All Terrain ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pancho said:
Interesting that almost none of the "Genuine Toyota Accessories" shown for the blue FJC at SEMA show up on your lists. Do I have options and accessories confused? Does the distributor configure options based on regional packaging, while dealers install the accessories later? So am I going to have the dealer's daughter's flunky boyfriend drilling into my FJC roof to install the roof rack? I know my dealer can install quite a few things, but I'd prefer that they don't.

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=16186&galleryId=30
Iam sure there will be some Port Installed accessories, those would be put on after it is built and shipped to the regional distribution center but before it reaches the dealer, (some could be done at the dealer if you missed out on the Port). Example, floor mats, Port or Dealer installed.Tow Hitch - port/dealer installed. Roof rack most likely port installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
OK, I am a dumb hick but would someone explain the differential rear lockers again and if I will truly need them. I am in for the upgrade package. Yes Percy, I will be choosing the air bags and backup sonar- 3 kids and 2 dogs lives depend on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most likely Port installed option. As for the question about Tires, in the 10 years I have been with Toyota we have never had the option of brand. Usually Toyota select 3 brands and rotates them. That way they are not tied to one distributer. ( If there was only one brand and that distibuter had a strike, or a fire and had to shut down, then Toyotas production would shut down. ) Thats not the Toyota way.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
YB2ND said:
Most likely Port installed option. As for the question about Tires, in the 10 years I have been with Toyota we have never had the option of brand. Usually Toyota select 3 brands and rotates them. That way they are not tied to one distributer. ( If there was only one brand and that distibuter had a strike, or a fire and had to shut down, then Toyotas production would shut down. ) Thats not the Toyota way.
I thought if you bought a Toyota with a TRD package it came with BFG's, always. Is that the case or I am I mistaken? My thinking was that they were going to package BFG AT's with their TRD option. Now it seems that at launch there will not be a TRD package so I wonder if the tires are also on the back burner.....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
No offense YB2ND, we appreciate your information, but I've bought several new Toyotas and have never been impressed with the standard tires, especially those "Rugged" Trail BFGs that came with my TRD Tundra. I guess it's the Toyota way. And that's why bubbahotep was asking about BFG All Terrains.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
None taken. I did not say Toyota was correct in the way they did things, I just gave the reason why. People, for the most part think automobiles are overpriced as they are, and Toyota probably does not want to spend extra money on a premium tire some people would not want and most would not appreciate. People on this site being an obvious exception. No matter what tire Toyota went with they are not going to make everyone happy. The tire will ride to rough for some and for others,(myself included), will not offer what they are looking for offroad.Toyota is always trying to keep cost down and production moving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very interesting information. Do we know if the four wheel drive automatic is full time 4wd like the landcruiser or must you shift into it when needed?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
the 5 speed automatic 4x4 is part time = RWD normally, manually shift into 4hi and 4lo. the six speed manual is will time 4wd with manually selected 4hi or 4lo and manual (i think, somebody correct me if im wrong) center diferential lock, not to be confused with the accessory Rear diff lock.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
All BFGs are not the same. Check out http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/index_6.jsp for a BFG's info on their tires. BFG All-Terrain T/A KO is their best product for off road, while BFG Rugged Trail has an aggressive appearance but is more comfortable on concrete. The "Toyota" salesman that sold be my TRD Tundra with Rugged Trails tried to tell me there wasn't any difference, as I'm sure your salesperson will do to. They probably don't even know the differences. The T/As have a stiffer/tougher sidewall, bead guard, things that will wil help you on rocks or if you need to deflate your tires for more traction, but they will be noisier and rougher on smooth pavement. Rugged Trails are chepaer than T/As - a good way to keep costs down.
BTW, all the FJCs that I've seen in photos that have "BFGs" have had the real deal - BFG T/A KO.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Does anyone have an idea on what a locking differential might cost??
I'm off to my local Mass. dealer tomorrow nite to put some $$$ down on an FJC. The last time I put a deposit down was 1984 on a Camry. Needless to say, it was the best car I ever owned. I had 285,000 on it and still had the original clutch in it. I got my money's worth out of it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My semi-uneducated guess is approximately $1000.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts