Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here at the dealership...waiting as always!

I called and scheduled an oil change last week hoping I wouldn't have to wait in line, luckily I didn't.

But it still takes at least an hour to change my oil, wtf are they doing back there!?:huh:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I took mine to the dealership for the first oil change and tire rotation and it took 3.5 hours.

Talk about being pissed off.

To top that off, they tried to tell me that my battery was bad and that I needed a new one. Forget the fact that I just bought the thing from them 2 months earlier.

I'm still running the same battery a year later btw.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...I just found out what they were doing.

This guy just called me out to tell me:

-I have a dirty air filter (I checked it before I came and it was fine!)$50
-My 50,000mi throttle body is filthy and could fail...$100
-Im running Autolite spark plugs, the FJ's engine can't handle those$180
-hell I can't remember the other two things...

All of a sudden my oil change turned into me "URGENTLY NEEDING" $600 in work!:flame:

·
Registered
627 Posts

All of a sudden my oil change turned into me "URGENTLY NEEDING" $600 in work!:flame:
$180 for 6 spark plugs? Seriously? :notsigned:

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tires changes from winter to summer on same rim, Toyota 2hrs, Walmart 1hr
Fits oil change, Toyota 2hrs, Walmart 1hr With damages on my bumper ..

Patience.....none left..all gone.... BTW, I have no appointments with Walmart. Not saying that I should take the FJ to Walmart, this is just a comparison from my previous trucks service with them. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts

I've never seen a engine "fail" because of a dirty throttle body. Hiccup, idle poorly, maybe stall but never "fail". A little throttle body cleaner and 20 minutes of your time and it's as good as new.

DEWPFO

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I was in a hurry one time because I was heading to Philly & trying to beat the 5 PM traffic so I poped into Wal Mart for an oil change & rotation. No line at all, I was the only person there, it took them 2.5 hrs. to complete the job. NEVER AGAIN! I do the oil change myself anymore, it takes a total of 15 min.'s. Tire rotation doing it my self takes another 15-20 min.'s. You can tell those guy's/girls get paid by the hour.:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like having documentation on all service work...mainly for resale purposes.

Maybe I need to make up an Excel sheet and start my own oil changes!

·
Registered
535 Posts
This thread makes me laugh. I to run into the same problems. They call it Express lube or some joke like that. I usually am the first one in line waiting for them to open the garage doors, and last one out. The very first time I took my FJ in, the guy rotating my tires obliterated the lug deal, and they had to install a new one. that took forever. I want to change my oil myself, but I purchased some package that cover all my oil, and maintenance for like 70,000miles....and I chose the synthetic option.

D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts