Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear fj's Previous Owner,

I thank You for the added accessories to the car as in arb bumper ... kc lights

But I really don't appreciate driving to work suddenly smell of burnt wire , short and melted plastic because you decided to install these without any Relay neither FUSEs what the Hell ?

I Don't know you , I don't like you:flame:
VIN:JTEBU11F270036236

Post similar cases if you like :)

Here's How it's Done !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
That's a nice little distribution box/relay box you have there. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very clean I like it!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Ahhh the smell of burning wires in the morning.... Its the smell of Victory!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah im in the same boat as you michel. nice extras arb bumper tg sliders trd cai snorkel... but any after market wiring ive seen is pretty sketchy but no burnt wires yet.. just need to do a few replacements and that relay box is vera niiice

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Don't forget to replenish the smoke that got let out of your wires. OEM Toyota smoke is very rare and hard to find, but genuine Lucas smoke can be found all over the place for dirt cheap.

That's a nice little distribution box/relay box you have there. :bigthumb:
+1, nice work!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Don't forget to replenish the smoke that got let out of your wires. OEM Toyota smoke is very rare and hard to find, but genuine Lucas smoke can be found all over the place for dirt cheap.

+1, nice work!

Ahhh Lucas Electrics, brings back, errrrrrrrr fond memories. I owned 3 Austin Healys in th past, electrical issues were always a problem.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I had a similar event.. paid a professional 4x4 shop to install my bumper/winch. Total fail.... had to use the winch to move a tree off the trail and well...the bumper caught on fire. The whole harness was fried.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts