Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have appreciated reading all the helpful feedback for others so I thought I should just ask my question and hopefully find some advice.

Totally green over here.

I'm torn between a 2013 TTSE w about 6o to 70( miles and a 2014 with both upgrades (convenience and offroad) around 28k miles?

I'm looking for a lifetime fj so low miles and late model were my main search Parameters.

Are these similar enough?

Both seem great is there a major diff between these models? Is the milage diff that significant?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,461 Posts
Hi Kadjo, welcome from Ohio!

The TT won't get you much more than Convenience+Offroad.
I'd pick the '14 over the '13 for ~35k fewer miles - if the price and condition/maintenance are relatively equal.

Reactions: Kadjo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply! I've been hung up on the mileage difference. As they run so long, what mileage is significant? Obviously 35k is significant, but choosing btw a 61k or 68k engine. When did the difference become significant?

Are the bilstein shocks in the offroad package the same as in the 13 TT?

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,461 Posts
I'd start my evaluation with the advice from @norm356 and @billhansen; equivalent vehicles and no serious rust condition, then look at the maintenance or lack there of.

'Good mileage' are a bit like "how long is a piece of string" and will vary by person. First both miles are really good, and which color you like better is also a reasonable factor.
The '14 at 28k appeals to me more than 65k, because it is so low overall. A choice between say 135k and 170k less so because it's a relatively smaller difference, and because both would be at the point where one is looking at some routine part replacement maintenance.

I'm will to stand corrected, but the TT is basically the Offroad package with almost* all the Convenience package features and a color matched roof and seats. So the Bilsteins would be the same.
* The TTs (at least 2010s) did not include the backup sonar. However, you can fix this with money.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
What color is the '14?

Given all things equal i.e. rust (but not mileage), I'd personally go with the '13 TT because of the color and paint matched roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your feedback! 2013 ttse it is gonna be! Color and lack of rust 2 key factors. Pretty excited to finally move on this! 61k is less miles than my current car so....

Now I gotta start reading the what to buy for it threads more closely!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, BC! And a piece of advice- when you get your FJ, drive it for a while to see what (if anything) you want to do to it. And pics- when you buy it we're gonna need pics. Donuts from newbies would be nice too, but I believe someone is still working on that... ;)
And when you do get it- enjoy your FJ, wherever the journey may take you. Al
Ps- just so you know-
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
17,116 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts