Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going to happen on December 26... eveyone keeps mentioning that date?

ANY word on a special edition, I really want ALL black and some decent off road options.

The suspense is driving me nuts, and my dealer ain't helping me.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Someone mentioned a press-blackout until December 26th. I would assume that Toyota is planning on mentioning something about the FJ on that date, or that there will be more information available after that date.

Special Edition: At Sema, they speculated Summer as the release date for the special edition. Originally it was going to be all black and called the Moab Edition. However GM owned the rights to use the name Moab. JayC posted something from Edmonds.com stating that they are planning a special edition to be available at the release date of the vehicle and that it might be tan or red.

I'm with ya on the making me crazy.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I heard from a very unreliable source (salesman) that Toyota will play the trailer to the first Fj commerical. Probably showing bits and pieces teasing us even more...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That would conflict with what Toyota has told us at SEMA and OJAI that there will be no televised advertising that they are relying on the enthusiasts to market this beast.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Percy said:
That would conflict with what Toyota has told us at SEMA and OJAI that there will be no televised advertising that they are relying on the enthusiasts to market this beast.

Like I said, from my very unreliable source....the same salesman who told me the Fj won't come out til 2007 ....
But who knows maybe a trailer of about 5 sec to 10 sec isn't full blown advertising to them....

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
At this point, I think we'd settle for a one-second clip. Anything to fill the void.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts