Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a newbie and a non-car mechanic type i am beaming with pride. much help from the fj forum to get it all figured out. paul at defiant is the man, he made my light bar with the light mounts on the bottom edge versus the top. fog lights needs to be low, ehh!

wiring was a bit of trial and error, ottraw switch. jim was a great help. the switch is a brand new 18v lamp and is less bright than the 12v variety.

installing the defiant light bar was no snap. take off your bumper plastic and have at it. i also removed the skid plate, you might be able to skip this.

the vision x lights are great. bullet proof, water proof. plenty bright...2 fog lights and 2 20 degree spots. wired separately. total cost, about $800.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
as a newbie and a non-car mechanic type i am beaming with pride. much help from the fj forum to get it all figured out. paul at defiant is the man, he made my light bar with the light mounts on the bottom edge versus the top. fog lights needs to be low, ehh!

wiring was a bit of trial and error, ottraw switch. jim was a great help. the switch is a brand new 18v lamp and is less bright than the 12v variety.

installing the defiant light bar was no snap. take off your bumper plastic and have at it. i also removed the skid plate, you might be able to skip this.

the vision x lights are great. bullet proof, water proof. plenty bright...2 fog lights and 2 20 degree spots. wired separately. total cost, about $800.
Very nice set up. Looks very good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have always wanted to hang a ten inch emitter bar under my Hella's... I think it would work well as a fog set up. Yours look cool.

PS:
I chuckled when I saw your comment on installing the bar. It took me over 5 hrs to install mine. I had in-garage advisors (lol) but I did it on my own....Good feeling.

·
Registered
141 Posts
would it be possible to install the light bar upside down so the the bar would be lower, like more by the valence part rather then the top of the bumper? i want to mount some piaa fogs and need then as low as possible

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
In my world if it was any lower it would become a snow plow. Ultimately I end up busting through more than my share of snowplow made mountains at the end of my driveway every winter. I like my lights up out of the way.

The brackets for the Defiant Lightbar requires you to remove the bumper skin to install. Once you see where it affixes to the butt end of the frame rails it would become apparent that you could not merely flip it over. Maybe cutting the outriggers off and turning them over would be the route for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yea its hard to tell for me when i havent really seen it in person. i wouldnt need the bar up top like that bc then it would just block the lights already on my bumper. so i guess ill look into it more. thanks for the quick reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts