Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to mount a winch for those self-rescue times but I can't decide between these two. Is the extra weight of the bumper worth the better approach angle?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
It depends on what you're looking for. The Lucrum is a great functional setup that's affordable and keeps the stock look. The DeMello (and others) offer a lot more protection, and as you said, approach angle. I've got the DeMello, so I'm biased. I love it!

On another note, please take time to proofread your postings. Not only are these products related to the FJ, but they are their creators names. Have some respect.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
On another note, please take time to proofread your postings. Not only are these products related to the FJ, but they are their creators names. Have some respect.
Fixed the thread title for you Landy with my new powers. I promise to use them only for good! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lucrum winch mount $599
Demello flattop bumper w/winch mount $725

Demello is supposed to have a group buy on their bumpers very soon and I think the two prices will be very close at that point.

I am saving for a Demello :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Same here! Saving and waiting on Jason to post his group buy.

My $0.02 - Six months ago I started looking at winch bumpers and thought about the Lucrum. There is even another FJ that sometimes parks near my work with the Lucrum. Biggest turn off for me was the fact that to install you have to remove the factory inner metal bumper. Once you do this, you loose the support for your stock outer bumper.

Demello is a real bumper with all the protection you would need. Safer if in an accident!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, just the info I was looking for. Removal of the inner bumper? This does not sound like a good idea to me. DeMello wins!

Oh and I get my names misspelled and/or pronounced all the time, I don't consider it disrespectful, just a little stupid.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I would go Demello. I love mine. The added approach angle is worth it and it looks damn good. Not everyone is as luckey as me and has the man himself install the bumper in a hotel parking lot in Ouray Colorado though. That's Jason in the green shirt.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Jason's the best

1 - 13 of 13 Posts