Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEMELLO OFF-ROAD’S 2009 CONVOY TO FJ SUMMIT

OURAY, CO

DEMELLO OFF-ROAD is gearing up for the 2009 FJ SUMMIT in OURAY, CO and we want YOU to join us!

We will be leading a 2 day convoy again this year to Ouray, CO.

However, please keep in mind, although we have been 2 years in a row, I make

No promises about not getting lost at least twice along the way..

THE PLAN!

We will be departing DEMELLO OFF-ROAD Headquarters

(Corona, CA at the 15/91 fwy interchange) at 9:00 AM sharp!

We will lead you up the treacherous & most dreaded –Cajon Pass and down into

Barstow, where we will FLY past the Outlet malls, hoping our wives & girlfriends

will not be clawing at our arms to stop! Next, we will cruise into SIN CITY (AKA “Loss Wages”) & maybe pick up some fellow convoyers along the way, hopefully not losing anyone to the temptation of losing money or picking up an STD.

From there, we will venture along into the beautiful Cedar City, UT.

Our 1st day’s adventures will end here, we’ll grab some grub & rest up for another day of adventure on the road, arriving at our final destination- OURAY, CO!

Along the way for our 2-Day adventure, we will have drawings & contests for prizes to keep everyone awake & get you prepared for the days ahead!

Look for items including, but not limited to:

· Newly designed DEMELLO OFF-ROAD T-Shirts & other DEMELLO goodies

· Products from other DEMELLO Vendors including:

o ICON Vehicle Dynamics

o Source Air

o Acro Lights

If you would like to join us, and need accommodations for Monday night in Cedar City, UT, please PM me and I’ll have Kim make reservations accordingly. We are looking at approx. $80/night with tax at either the Quality Inn or something comparable. The more rooms we book, we can work on getting a better rate. Please include the following in your PM:

· FJ Forums Screen Name

· Actual First/Last name

· # of rooms needed w/ # of beds & smoking preference

· If you will be meeting up with us at DEMELLO OFF-ROAD or joining up with us along the way. We need to make sure we don’t leave anyone behind!

· Cell phone # we can contact you at incase you are running late or you get lost!

E-mail Kim if you would like to be apart of this years convoy. [email protected]

Thank you guys

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
If I was going to the SUMMIT, I'd definitely go with Jason and the DeMello Offroad Team. It's always a party and Jason is about the most knowledgeable guy on the forum when it comes to FJ's and FJ-Related information.

Sorry I have to miss it.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Jason,

Dragging the 5th wheel and leaving the 10th so will miss your pilgramage again this year. Someday maybe.

I sent you a PM regarding a side route that you guys should look at. It will add about 40 minutes to the overall trip, but it is well worth the extra time to see the beauty of the Dixie region. Views of Zion not normally seen and of Bryce.

Either way you guys have a great and safe trip to Ouary, will see you guys there.

Bob

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason, what is your departure date?
Monday the 13th from Corona Ca.

If I was going to the SUMMIT, I'd definitely go with Jason and the DeMello Offroad Team. It's always a party and Jason is about the most knowledgeable guy on the forum when it comes to FJ's and FJ-Related information.

Sorry I have to miss it.
Thanks Larry, sorry you have to miss it this year.

The Mrs. to close to popping to go, this year. Bummer I always enjoy passing you guys every year.
I understand, there will be plenty of events where you guys can pass us on the road I'm sure")

Jason,

Dragging the 5th wheel and leaving the 10th so will miss your pilgramage again this year. Someday maybe.

I sent you a PM regarding a side route that you guys should look at. It will add about 40 minutes to the overall trip, but it is well worth the extra time to see the beauty of the Dixie region. Views of Zion not normally seen and of Bryce.

Either way you guys have a great and safe trip to Ouary, will see you guys there.

Bob
Bob,
Thanks for the info, we took that route on the way back last time and it was awesome. We will see you there, drive safe!

I may just drive to Cali just to caravan with Jason! :bigthumb:
That might be one hell of a U-turn trip:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If at all possible, I'd like to reserve my spot as the token non-FJ Cruiser guy again in the convoy.

I promise to bring some funny again. I swear, I really do.

Please, please, please oh please my I come play???

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If at all possible, I'd like to reserve my spot as the token non-FJ Cruiser guy again in the convoy.

I promise to bring some funny again. I swear, I really do.

Please, please, please oh please my I come play???
Hi email sent! We will be joining this So-Cal journey to Ouray!!!:clap::wave:
Yes bring the funny!

And yes Sandable can come as long as that ugly bumper stays at home. :lol:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i didn't know you were coming! :bigthumb: to prerunners!
Yes we will be there!! Pre-runners unite!!! I am also bringing chili! mmm mmm mmm.

Shhhh don't tell him he has a pre-runner I got him talked into Black bear already.
Uhmmm.... I am not the he, he is speaking of, and uh I won't be on Black Bear, Scott can go with someone else, I really have a problem with heights!! especially on cliffs!! So anyone need someone to ride shotgun???

Jason you get to look at that "UGLY BUMPER" all week long!!! :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Darnit Jason - I'd love to tag along with you guys but I will be leaving later Monday PM, driving until I can't drive no more, then sprinting the rest of the way on Tuesday. Maybe I'll catch you guys up otherwise have a blast!!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Shhhh don't tell him he has a pre-runner I got him talked into Black bear already.
YES! I AM DOING Black Bea....................................................................
OH! Wait! :cowfrown:

Hey Sandabbe! What the heck did you tell thise guy's?!?!?!?!:huh:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well I am up, getting ready for todays leg of the trip! Just having my cup of coffee and trying to wake up! We will be at Demello's shop ready to roll pretty soon! :wave: Should be a VERY intersting drive, to Ouray!!:cowfrown:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts