Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Forum members "amaintaylor" or "Layonnn" might be able to offer some suggestions. They had to relocate their intercooler pumps as well because of aftermarket bumpers. Hopefully one of them will chime in soon. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I will post the two reply messages i sent you so that others that run into this problem might also find this useful.

"Hey lomuchacho,

You are correct the pump has to be relocated.
I made a thread about when I installed mine and where I mounted the pump. Mine is sitting on the DS fender well between the fuse box and the reservoir. I had to move a silver part over that was in the way and then reroute the hoses. I routed one the factory way around the battery the other one I ran through an opening to the side of the radiator. There is a hole that a metal hose goes through and I just used my dremel to remove some metal and make that hole larger.

Radrod57 also had this issue. He much more simple bolted the pump a little lower. It was either on the bumper or he made a bracket. I will look at his build thread and get back to you. "

My thread on SC install:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...l-battery-man-fre-hd-lcas-more-installed.html

"You can see how Radrod57 did his here.
You need to have a solid steel plate between the bumper and your skids if mounting here. Basically, the pump needs some serious protection if being mounted here. With the ARB, there is a budbuilt filler plate that you can buy to go from the bumper to the skids.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/78531-moses-fj-7.html#post1313112

See this post and the next 2-3 pages or so where i discussed the placement with him.

-Layton"

Hope this helps.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I had actually thought about putting mine there as well when i was trying to figure this out.
I didn't feel like removing the light assembly though ha.

·
Registered
2010 FJ Cruiser White
87 Posts
sorry to hi-jack this thread, but "Layonn" your avatar is f*in badass...everytime i see that dog, it brings a smile to my face...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts