Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my hybrid sliders from demello last night and was curious on what everyone did about the brake line that goes along the sub frame. I just unbolted one of them and left it hanging. If anyone has a better suggestion for these let me know. I saw another thread where someone did some modification to the bracket and was able to get it on after installation.

Also, did anyone notice the FJ driving a bit more sturdy, and less wandering on the freeway? Maybe it's just me, but the truch feels more solid while driving. I used to have some running boards, and these probably weigh 40 lbs heavier each!

In the end, the hybrid sliders are super solid and sturdy. Can't wait to give them a good rock to sit on. I just know I'll be ordering more parts from Demello.

Pictures soon...

·
Registered
534 Posts
LOL....the whole post without photos thing is just plain cruel.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Do a quick search. I and several others posted pictures on remounting the clamps for the brake line after/while mounting sliders.
Here's how I did it..

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
OK - looks good - :bigthumb:

-

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
They look great, nice install!!!:rocker::bigthumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm installing hybrids now and have run into the same brake line bracket issue. I really like the idea of bolting the bracket to the slider mount as seen above. Do you just slide the bracket down and leave the metal sleeve on the brake line where it is or is there a way to slide the sleeve down as well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I slid the bracket down and screwed it to something... I'll have to get a picture but I tie wrapped some rubber tubing around the brake cable line at the rub spots for extra protection....

Don't those sliders' F'n rock!!! :rocker: :lol: yep they do.....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe in the instructions it mentions to switch the clamps over, that's what I did, although with another brand of sliders. On mine the brake line touches an edge on each side so I put a piece of plastic on that area + strong tape around to minimize damage to the rubber from scratching/vibrations ;)

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I believe in the instructions it mentions to switch the clamps over, that's what I did, although with another brand of sliders. On mine the brake line touches an edge on each side so I put a piece of plastic on that area + strong tape around to minimize damage to the rubber from scratching/vibrations ;)
I did the same thing too and so far so good. Its not going to be moving a whole lot on there. I love my hybrids

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.