Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read most of the reviews here on the Demello and the Bud skids plates and have a couple questions.

1. Is anyone running just the front and middle bud skid plates or if you use the mid skid you have to use the transmission one as well with the crossbar?

2. I found a thread where several people had issues installing the Demello skid plate because it was warped which then caused the mounting holes to be off. Has this issue been fixed? Anyone recently install one of these?

3. I want some extra protection upfront but don't want to reduce my breakover angle by using the bud transmission skid. So can I use the allpro version with either the Demello skid or the Bud front and mid skids?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
It sounds like you want to play with fire, so let me tell you... for what you're going to pay, buy an entire budbuilt set. You're breakover angle isn't going to matter once your on top of something and you slide/rip the plastic gas tank on it. What you need, and what Bud will tell you, is you need all the protection you can get.

I dragged my at the time stock FJ with BudBuilts over everything lifted/tired/otherwisely modded FJ's during a meet in Farmington, NM. On some of the same trails they run the rockcrawling competitions (I said SOME!)

Let's put it this way. Have you ever been upset a condom didn't break? Same with skidplates.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I have searched and read most of the reviews here on the Demello and the Bud skids plates and have a couple questions.

1. Is anyone running just the front and middle bud skid plates or if you use the mid skid you have to use the transmission one as well with the crossbar?

2. I found a thread where several people had issues installing the Demello skid plate because it was warped which then caused the mounting holes to be off. Has this issue been fixed? Anyone recently install one of these?

3. I want some extra protection upfront but don't want to reduce my breakover angle by using the bud transmission skid. So can I use the allpro version with either the Demello skid or the Bud front and mid skids?

Thanks!
We are actually working on carrying the Bud built skids and discontinuing our own. Bud offers a complete set up front to rear and we like his stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I realize this answers none of your questions, but had to chime in about my recent transaction with Bud. Super nice guy. I had several questions, all he answered professionally. Haven't received, know nothing about quality difference between the two, nor have I had any experiences with Demello, though most here claim same level of customer service. Had been, and still will post about experience with Bud in feedback, but I'm sure I'll be at the end of a long list saying the same.

·
Registered
493 Posts
5pc. BudBuilt skids here:bigthumb:

Just after primer.

After finish coat of black with red front skid.

Just have to find the time to install them now...:)

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I love Demello's stuff but I have had a few of Bud's Skids and love them. His compete set is great armor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts