Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just a couple pictures from our Black bear run, I'm hoping others have more.

We met up with the earlier group on top of the summit, they were leader-less and waiting for the random Jeep club going backwards on Black bear. We had a run in with one of those jeep tours with a driver that had to be Lincolns brother (older than dirt) and rude to say the least, cutting half our pack off and then refusing to let them pass on the way up. Finally they took a road around him. At the top of the summit once the jeep group got there (super cool guys) as we started to head down that tour guy caught up and the leader of the jeep group was nice enough to block him for us, so we could get in front of him. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we would still be there waiting for him!

Our combined FJC family.

Again pictures do not do this trail justice.

The gadget was also on our run with his late model super charged 4runner.

Switch back.

Apparently I was angry at something?

I would share pictures of Ofer pass but it went by pretty quick:)

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
The Jeep thing was just an issue of permits being issued by different offices which did not communicate with one another. We will remind them for 2014. :rocker:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Jeep thing was just an issue of permits being issued by different offices which did not communicate with one another. We will remind them for 2014. :rocker:
Those guys were cool about it! No issue with them what so ever, aside from having to hang out for 30min on top of the summit it wasn't a big deal. The other group waited much longer than we did though.

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Jason leads a good group.

I have had the Corbread experience wheeling on the East Coast and now I have had the Demello experience.

The knowledge he has about the area, fun facts, unicorns, ferries and so on is just amazing.

G

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have had the Corbread experience wheeling on the East Coast and now I have had the Demello experience.

The knowledge he has about the area, fun facts, unicorns, ferries and so on is just amazing.

G
That info can't be found in any book or introweb! That's hard core stuff right there!:cheers:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

G
What a leader! I just got done chatting with Brad @ Ricochet. He is crying himself to sleep tonight because he missed the Demello Lightning Ride (E-ticket for sure) to Black Bear Summit.

Let's do it again!!! :clap::clap::clap:

:cheers:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,849 Posts
When we first started to the pass, I felt like we were in the Baja 1000!!! Made me want to get a URD supercharger ;)

Lots of fun though, had a good time :bigthumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts

G
Life is not complete until one has lived the Corbread experience .

·
Vendor
542 Posts
When we first started to the pass, I felt like we were in the Baja 1000!!! Made me want to get a URD supercharger ;)

Lots of fun though, had a good time :bigthumb:
Yep, that run cost me some money.

Just ordered more stuff from ICON. Told them to send me whatever Demello has that my stage 6 does not have. Cha-Ching!!

G

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
^^^^ Nice :rocker:

Thought I had everything with a Stage 6 and now they have more :lol:

Did you also get the "Rear Hydraulic Air Bumpstop System"..?
I was considering adding this in the near future.

Thanks

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts