Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my Hybrid sliders yesterday. After what seemed like forever I had them unwrapped. I pity the fool that has to wrap those things to say they are proteceted would be an understatement. Was very excited when they were out of their packaging but had to work on my daughters TJ so she could take it out for the first time so I had to wait until today to install. I was a bit concerned when I did not see instructions but after looking at the sliders and my frame it was very easy to figure out what I needed to do. It took me about 35 minutes to install and call out my 8 year old to try them out as a step she was very happy with how much easier it was to get into now. I have to say that I love the looks and am excited about the protection that I now have. Many thanks to everyone at Demello especially Jack he was great in answering questiions to shipping when I needed them due to my schedule. Needless to say I am very happy and look forward to scratching them up a bit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love mine but never had to use them as a step, however with the new SAWs and BFG I put on the last 2 days I think my wife will use them as a step.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea mine with the 3 OME is a bit tall for wife an kids but lve the look.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Why are the sliders over wrapped when they can take hits from rocks with the weight of the FJ on them

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Why are the sliders over wrapped when they can take hits from rocks with the weight of the FJ on them
Well, I know i would not be happy if i received a damaged product that i just blew $300+ on.

I'd prefer to put the first scratch on them, not the UPS driver.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
The wrap is to make sure the paint survives before they get to the trail - the sliders are to protect the FJC, whether or not the paint survives the trail....:rocker:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:jester: either way the paint is doomed
sadly even while mall crawling there is the risk of an out-of-control cart hitting the fj on the slider, or a parking job gone wrong, resulting in a scratching of the paint :boohoo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts