Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer of ours from Texas, asked us to build his FJC for him.

Pretty straight forward stuff just a lot of it.

Sorry I didn't get any before pictures. I thought I had some but can't find them.

This FJC is pretty much a white carbon Copy of mine.

Lets start off with one of the earliest pictures I could find of it.

Started out as a stock white FJ TM

Added bead locks to his wheels with red rings.

BFG Tires

Suspension going in.

Icon Coil overs with resi's T/C lower arms, Icon upper arms.

Sitting on the ground for the first time with it's new shoes and suspension

Then added some Icon bypasses. Had to wait a while for these but I think he will be happy with the results.

Rear too:

Turns out the customer didn't like the red so they were changed to black.

With that said, it was time for something to move this FJC.

URD's new Super Charger.

Which is an extreme tight fit and a custom bumper away from being on your FJC.

Custom bumper being cut to fit tubes.

Super Charger in place and looking purty.

New DO rear bumper going on.

New DO FJC Hybrids

Front bumper powder coated and installed.

Getting near the end.

Then things changed.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then customer wanted to run a different wheel and tire for the street.

And really wanted the bumper with out the single hoop so that had to go as well.

This is how she sits today

Were just waiting for Gadget from URD to bless this beast and we will get her home to her daddy.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Wow. Love the rig, but I really envy the budget! :lol:

Actually I think it's great when someone can do what they really want to do.

More power to ya, whoever you are. :cheers:

·
Registered
452 Posts
wow that looks great! what rims are the ones he is currently riding on? i like those a lot

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
must be nice to be made out of money, great build though! i saw it at demello a while back

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bigthumb: WOW! Saw this build-up when I visited Jason's shop last week. Is the customer keeping the OMF-beadlocked TRD wheels?
Yes he is keeping them for off road, but from the sounds of it, he might consider selling them. The new ones look really good and are bigger in person than the TRD's.

lots of money in that one.
Little bit.

Wow. Love the rig, but I really envy the budget! :lol:

Actually I think it's great when someone can do what they really want to do.

More power to ya, whoever you are. :cheers:
Me too!

wow that looks great! what rims are the ones he is currently riding on? i like those a lot
Good question, I will have to look them up. It's been a while since I looked at the make.

must be nice to be made out of money, great build though! i saw it at demello a while back
No not made out of money, just saved his pennies and got what he wanted. really super nice guy, that I hope to meet while in Texas next week.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jason,
How does the URD Mark II compare to yours from a performance standpoint (I know it was a PITA to install)?
That URD setup is very nice! were there any problems with the intercooler fitment with the heavy duty bumper?
Seat of the pants feels like it has anther 20-40hp but it's hard to tell.

The new charger is very difficult to install with bumpers and aftermarket suspension but is doable as seen above. We had to notch out the side of our bumper for the tubes to go through. Were pretty sure any other bumper would be just as much work if not more.

This S/C kit is a lot more complex than the last kit, meaning it has a better piggy back computer along with a bunch of other add on's like timing exhausts cam gear, bigger fuel pump and so on.

The fitment is also cleaner than the old kit as well, it just has better built components and fitment is better.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
If you had to do it over would you do the new URD kit or go with the Toyota SC? I assume the low end is better on the Toyota which would be better for slow speed aps, but the high end and overall power is probably better on the URD (I know you have the old URD unit on yours)?

Haven't looked at the exact charts, but was just guestimating based on the type of units each use and the psi each setup runs?

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts