Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I appolagize for no pictures but I'm usualy half done before the camera comes up or if its a covered topic.
You can use a heat gun to pop it back out and reform it. First remove the bumper and then the wings, heat them up from the inside of the wing so you dont melt and bubble the gray factory paint and just slowly reform it back out, it pretty simple. It might leave a little crease where it crushed. I smashed mine real good the other day it looked totaly unfixable but sure enough it looks pretty damn good. Even my girl gave the :bigthumb:.

I noticed a lot of people asking to buy these and was going to be one of them until a buddy told me a shop secret. Just passing on the saving I hope it helps. Happy smashing.
MUDD

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I scratched one the other day and managed to get a small dimple that pokes outward. I will give this a try, thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
I crushed mine, but did not have a heat gun. After removing wing, I used water that was just short of boiling. I poured the very hot water on the inside of the wing and let it rest for several minutes. Poured the water out and was able to easily massage it back into it's original form.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
A permanent solution is to get a rear steel bumper, although that method of using a heat gun is an easy way to fix the bumper wing:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts