1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Desert Knight (FJeddah's Build-up)

Updated: 01/08/2010

Hi everyone, :wave:

First of all, I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation towards this great forum and its' generous memebers. It's my pleasure to introduce my beloved FJC. I bought my car in 19th April, 2008. I fell in love with her on the first ride...

The name isn't so expressive, as i tried hard to find an appropriate name for my rig.

Anyway, the name doesn't matter, what matters is your feedback and helpful comments. Before I go further, I would like to thank wrigman, NDA431FJ, jeshua, FJ FunJunkie, and all who have helped me!

Here we go...:simmadown:

Black Diamond 2008 5AT, 4X4

Stock:

• FJammer.
  • OEM Side Steps.
  • Subwoofer.
  • Passanger Arm Rest.
  • All Weather Mats.
  • Parking Assist Sensors.
Performance:

• TRD CAI.
  • TRD Cat-back.
  • Unichip.
Suspension:

• Front - ICON Standard Travel Adjustable Coil-over Shock.
  • Rear - ICON 2" Lift Rear Coil-spring, ICON Series Rear Mono-tube Shocks.
Lighting:

• Bi-Xenon 4300K Projectors Black Headlights.
  • Roof lights (stand alone light bar) - 4 X LightForce 170 Strikers (100W) Removed :cry:
  • Aux driving lights (OEM brackets) - 2 X OEM FJ lights (hella 500).
Wheels / Tires:

• ProComp eXtreme 8089 6 spokes, 16X8".
  • BFG AT KO 285/75/16
Storage:

• Springtail M-Pac Side rack.
  • Springtail M-Pac Rear door rack.
Navigation:

• Garmin nuvi 760.
Misc.:
  • RazorWings :D
  • Bezel black-out
  • Parrot LS3200 Bluetooth car kit.
  • Spare tire cover.
  • Window tint.
  • ICON shift knobs.
  • K&N spare Air Intake filter.
  • Scangauage-II.
  • Rear cargo carpet.
  • 18" Billet antenna.
  • High pitched horn.
Items ordered:
  • OEM Roof rack.
  • Roof black-out.
To do list:

• Aftermarket front bumper (Demello or FabFours).
Photos

------------------------------------------

New Photos - 2/22/2009

New Photos - 3/26/2009

New Photos - 01/08/2009

------------------------------------------

Thank you! :wave:

Omar

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
nice build! I like the front light bar.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice build! I like the front light bar.
I'm gald you liked it! it took me ages to decide whether to buy a ready made bar or work on my own :clap:

Cool name with the popularity of the "Dark Knight" plus you have a BD to truly match it.

My rig was also inspired by Dragon's lights.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some action photos :D
Nice rig :bigthumb: btw, your lights work only when you switch on the your headlights? mine are connected to one switch and work with my headlights on :mecry:

Lookin good!
Thank you! i like your avator, it's funny:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Nice rig :bigthumb: btw, your lights work only when you switch on the your headlights? mine are connected to one switch and work with my headlights on :mecry:
My 4 lights are controlled by two switches and are independent of my driving lights. I wired it a certain way ignoring one of the instructions steps. But, I don't fully remember what I did. I'm sure you could do the same some how.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The lights look great! I guess the question is what kind of offroading do you plan on doing? If you get very hard core or even moderate you may want to put some trail armor on and I'm not sure how your bar will work with your new bumper. I have the roof mount wind deflector with 2 lights and I am a little disapointed in the amount of light that it gives. If I had to do it again I would get the one with 4 lights.
Believe me when you say addiction that is exactly what it is my FJ is Killing me!
I also started with the BFG AT's and didnt like thier performance in the rocks so I went to Mt's( More agressive)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
My friend, That light bar is simply AWESOME!!! Looks as if it will hold the lights steady. I envy you for the scan gauge. I have yet to add that much needed mod to Nala. Keep up the good work, and again nice job on the light bar!:rocker:

OH, glad I could help! and your welcome!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 4 lights are controlled by two switches and are independent of my driving lights. I wired it a certain way ignoring one of the instructions steps. But, I don't fully remember what I did. I'm sure you could do the same some how.
I made all the wiring at the dealer so i can keep the warranty, i'm afraid i would lose it if i wire them in a different way. However, i will try to find a solution. Thank you for the info :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Lookin' good so far, the light bar is SWEET!!!!!!:rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lights look great! I guess the question is what kind of offroading do you plan on doing? If you get very hard core or even moderate you may want to put some trail armor on and I'm not sure how your bar will work with your new bumper. I have the roof mount wind deflector with 2 lights and I am a little disapointed in the amount of light that it gives. If I had to do it again I would get the one with 4 lights.
Believe me when you say addiction that is exactly what it is my FJ is Killing me!
I also started with the BFG AT's and didnt like thier performance in the rocks so I went to Mt's( More agressive)
We do desert offroading here, however there are many mountains but far away from Jeddah. So i wouldnt need trail armor nor winches, as its better not to put on more weights. Supercharger is perfect for sands, however, the sole agent of Toyota isn't offering it.

As for the wind deflector, is it noisy? BFG AT is suitable for On and offroad?

Thank you M&M :wave:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend, That light bar is simply AWESOME!!! Looks as if it will hold the lights steady. I envy you for the scan gauge. I have yet to add that much needed mod to Nala. Keep up the good work, and again nice job on the light bar!:rocker:

OH, glad I could help! and your welcome!
Thank you for everything and good luck with Nala :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
755 Posts
I like your build up. Its practical for your needs. I like the picture in your signature as well. Where was it taken?

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Good job so far! Of course you know I love the lights and lift. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like your build up. Its practical for your needs. I like the picture in your signature as well. Where was it taken?
Thanks JData :)

The photo was taken a place called "Bahra" 40km outside Jeddah. It's one of the most visited places for offroading, and it has easy and difficult offroading stages. I'm glad you liked it :cheers:

NIce, can't wait to see it finished
I'm afraid the mods would never finish :lol: Thanks for passing by :wave:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good job so far! Of course you know I love the lights and lift. :bigthumb:
I know you like the lights and the lift, I posted those photos just to tease you!! :lol: j/k

I really do appreciate your help and valuable advices, the lift and the lights are worth each cent I have spent, thank you Joshua :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts