Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Those cliffs are stunning. Where are they located? Did you throw any rocks from the cliffs? :grin I always have to throw a rock from places like that (so long as it is safe).
amaclach is on the money. It's part of the Great Australian Bight. The Nullabor Plain is the patch of land we were crossing when we took that photo. You'd be safe throwing a few rocks off those cliffs :angel I didn't think to throw any, but now you say that, it probably would have been glorious :grin

·
Desert Moderator
6,508 Posts
The compressor is still bolted to the back of the fridge. It can be bolted to the side or remotely mounted but the fit was perfect for the FJ the way it was. I haven't had any issues with airflow or heat yet. The fridge is only set to half and seems to be about right.

The Engel was slightly heavier, more expensive and has only the one latch at the top of the drawer which I thought might be an issue with sealing. The Dometic has two either side and seals really tight. No issues on that front as yet. It's been super useful and no regrets. I leave it installed in the car permanently which has been handy for food shopping on hot days as well as the camping. The only two things that bother me is the temperature control dial sticks out into the drawer, limiting useful space, and the back of the drawer isn't full height. I've already remedied the back of the drawer with a plastic extension to prevent things disappearing behind. I may think about relocating the dial fixture at some point.
Thanks! Good information!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Finally got around to colour matching the Rhino Hide. I used 2 cans to cover all 8 panels. Hardly notice the FJ's even wearing them. They seem to stay on just fine at highway speeds too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
All locked down due to COVID-19. Time to practice some social distancing and put in the transmission cooler I’ve had sitting around.

The bracket is made by Kaon and has a handy place to put the sensor. I moved the horn to the other side and added the nylon standoffs to the cooler bracket for clearance. The cooler is a 21 plate, Davies Craig 678. This couples to the radiator via a Derale remote thermostat to bypass the cooler when cold. I mounted the thermostat to the body just below the start battery using a custom bracket.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts