Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I just got a new 3D printer and have decided to do some aftermarket part manufacturing. I can print objects up to 20 inches by 20 inches (roughly) out of a variety of materials; Including but not limited to Carbon Fiber infused Nylon, ABS, Nylon, so on and so forth. What are some things that you guys would want for your FJs that there's not a huge market for right now? Anything from custom trim pieces to badges could be made. I'm interested to hear everyone's requests
I am trying to make a 16 inch by 2 inch straight strip mount for my light bar on my front bumper...any chance you feel like a good weatherproofing applicantion is doable on a 3D printer? My wyotto bumper has the strangest lengths for mounting hardware and I’m having trouble getting anything to fit more exactly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I just got a new 3D printer and have decided to do some aftermarket part manufacturing. I can print objects up to 20 inches by 20 inches (roughly) out of a variety of materials; Including but not limited to Carbon Fiber infused Nylon, ABS, Nylon, so on and so forth. What are some things that you guys would want for your FJs that there's not a huge market for right now? Anything from custom trim pieces to badges could be made. I'm interested to hear everyone's requests
We need a good Godzilla hood orniment!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Might be pretty involved... I swapped the seats in my FJ and no longer have arm rests. The only real aftermarket center console/armrest accessories made is the Tuffy Console.

Bit overkill for my needs as I just want a usable storage space and arm rest that both diver and passenger can use and don't care about having a locking security console.

I don't have the design chops but I'd love to come up with something that has a cushion arm rest, hinged lid for storage in the console, and then maybe fold up or slide out cup holders for the rear passengers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got sick of the worthless stock cargo hooks so I made these. Even printed out of PLA they will hold way more than you'll want to put on the 10mm bolt. ;) Orient the hook as it would sit in the truck, 100% infill, with supports, .2 layers. Lay the spacer down flat.

I like those! Are you interested in making more? If so pm me please

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a hankering for some more ergonomic shift knobs, and PLA would be noice to use as a material. The ATJ shifters are nice, but they are one flavor. You could also offer colors to match the various FJ paints. I was thinking ovoid, because there are a zillion round knobs, and the tubular stock knobs are strictly functional, but also tend to catch on things where an ovoid would slip by.

Or, you could print some allen head bolts in the ovoid that make it look like it is 2-part and bolted together - more 'offroadish'..??

21 - 27 of 27 Posts