Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just recently bought a 2011 FJ to start getting into the wheeling scene. Slowly getting everything I need to take it on trails and ran into a bit of a conundrum. The previous owner had put on 18 in after market rims and mud tires on it which seems to be the only mod he did while owning the vehicle. Im' trying to find stock rims for the truck in order to do suspension work in the spring. Here's my problem: In order to find the right rims with correct offset to get back to stock, I'm having difficulty determining if my FJ is a trail edition or just a regular Base model. At the time of purchase the salesman told me it was Base, but it has the diff lock, Army Green paint (roof painted green as well, and not your standard white,) backup camera, upgraded radio with subwoofer in the back, so I was convinced that the guy didnt know what he actually had and I was getting a good deal. What it doesn't have is the outlet plug in the back, the compass/altimeter dash cluster and any other markings that would classify it as the trail edition. I know that stock rims and tires should 265/70R17 for my year. So I guess I need help determining what sub model I have before spending money on rims that may give me trouble when I do a lift later down the road. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated and I can supply pictures of my FJ if need be to help for clarification. Thank You!

·
Admin
6,872 Posts
That's likely the 2011 NSSE.... (Not So Special Special Edition)

A bit of a unicorn actually....

·
A-Team Moderator
8,984 Posts
It's an NSSE, Not So Special Edition, factory mistake of which 51-80 got out the door and to the states like this. There's a decal in the drivers door, upper right corner with the 4 digit build date. They were meant to be Trail Teams, but they called it OPTION PACKAGE #3. Stock wheels are 17x7 OEM steelie's on Bridgestone Dueller HT street tires. Things like roof racks, nicer wheels and running boards were added by the dealers to make it look more like a TT.

There was a bunch of Urban Legend that it was the Earthquake/Tsunami's fault for messing up the supply chain, but that build date will tell you otherwise. EQ/T came Friday March 11, 2011.

Here's how they arrived.

2011_toyota_fj_cruiser_04.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... I had no idea! Thanks so much for the info. I’ve included a couple pics of the FJ and the decal in the door. If I’m reading it correctly it’s 02/11 so February of 2011 which sounds like it would be grouped into that March delivery batch. I’m assuming once it was here the dealer added the sliders and roof rack. Interesting to discover the lineage of your vehicle, and the fact that it’s an oddity makes me like it more!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts