Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a seach on the forum looking for recommendations to replace my windshield, just found where NOT to go. If anyone has a place they recommend, I would greatly appreciate the info! Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
I actually had good luck with safelite auto in Lewisville. I had a bit of a leak after they fixed someone else's bad replacement. I called, and they sent someone out to replace my windshield while I was at work, for free! Saying they were sorry for not getting it 100% first time. Can't really argue with that!

Talk to CeCe and tell them Steve with the silver 07 sent you.

:wave:

·
Registered
574 Posts
We took a triple hit from a truck throwing rocks as it passed us up in Ohio.

The Glass Doctor replaced it yesterday. Everything seemed to stay in place on the drive home from work. The installer said that he has done quite a few FJs.

The insurance company will get a bill for $1100 or so. Our deductible was $250 since the policy we have does not have glass specific coverage.

·
Registered
448 Posts
BUMP before I call Frisco Auto Glass. Both state stickers are up at the end of October and 2013 FJ Summit trip home crack is now at 12" right in my FOV. Lowered GEICO windshield deductible to zero; ready to use $6/month increase!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
$1100 for the front windshield WOW! Is that the kind of price everyone else is seeing? I don't need glass, but I'm double checking my insurance coverage right now.

Whew, I just ran through a Safelite quote. $518.95 Installed

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Vandergriff Toyota Body Shop replaced the windshield on my 2012, did a great job with the proper windshield. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
There is a gal on the Texas FJ forums who's father does FJ Glass replacement. She's got the Kevlar'd FJ. Misti is her name, I think. I would contact her there, she said he quotes good prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To answer my own question. I ended up using Five Star Glass, recommended by AAA. They did a nice job on my 07 FJ. They left a coupon for 15% off my next window, use Promo Code TX15 and get 15% off. FiveStarAutoglass.net

1 - 16 of 16 Posts