Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

My FJ has a 4" Toytec lift on it with 33" tires, and the alignment is off, as well as the tire balance (steady wobble at all speeds). Just curious where the best places around DFW are to get such things done. I don't really want to take it to just any old shop. I'd prefer a place that knows how to sort out off road suspension setups properly instead of assuming it's like every other car.

I'm near Denton, but the way I see it, I don't plan on needing to get alignment done all that often, so I'll drive out of the way to make sure good hands get a hold of it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tandem Automotive Tandem Automotive - they are in NRH/Haltom City. Always good to me in the past.

Reactions: dfj240

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tandem Automotive Tandem Automotive - they are in NRH/Haltom City. Always good to me in the past.
Man, thanks for this!

First reply, no less!

I've taken my Toyota's to Davenport Motors for service and always have a great experience, but none of them have had any significant modifications like the FJ.

Thanks again, I'll check them out for sure!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Reggie Marquez is by far the best Toyota technician I've ever encountered. He's at Toyota of Dallas, which is located close to I-35 and LBJ Freeway. He's been working on my vehicles for a number of years; all of which have been substantially modified. He has an FJ himself so he's imminently familiar with them. If you want to PM me I can give you his direct contact info.

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reggie Marquez is by far the best Toyota technician I've ever encountered. He's at Toyota of Dallas, which is located close to I-35 and LBJ Freeway. He's been working on my vehicles for a number of years; all of which have been substantially modified. He has an FJ himself so he's imminently familiar with them. If you want to PM me I can give you his direct contact info.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, Toyota of Dallas has received the last dollar of mine that I'm willing to allow. I was very disrespected when I brought a car (my 1988 MR2) to them for service, and the apocalypse will happen before I ever do business with them again. I have used several other Toyota dealers in the years since and have not had anything close to the poor experience that Toyota of Dallas provided. It was beyond unacceptable.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The only reason I go there is because Reggie happens to be there. He's been at Toyota of Plano and Toyota of Richardson prior to going back to Toyota of Dallas (he was there before). I guess the dealerships keep upping their offers for his services so he moves around. He is the absolute best though, be it stock vehicles or heavily modified ones.

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only reason I go there is because Reggie happens to be there. He's been at Toyota of Plano and Toyota of Richardson prior to going back to Toyota of Dallas (he was there before). I guess the dealerships keep upping their offers for his services so he moves around. He is the absolute best though, be it stock vehicles or heavily modified ones.
That's good to know actually. I've had generally good experiences with both dealerships actually. Bought a 2002 MR2 from ToR back in the day, and lived in Plano and ToP serviced my Sequoia, my Tundra, and my wife's Rav4 over the years.

I kind of wonder if someone like Reggie wouldn't make more money at an independent shop or a specialty shop. But you could be right that they may just keep throwing money at him to keep him around. Lol. Hard to argue with that.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
A little late to the party here, but Tandem Auto AKA Tandem Offroad are fantastic. Only work on Toyota rigs.
Besides Dave from Trailworx, they are the only ones that have touched my rig.

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little late to the party here, but Tandem Auto AKA Tandem Offroad are fantastic. Only work on Toyota rigs.
Besides Dave from Trailworx, they are the only ones that have touched my rig.
Right on. Still haven't taken it for any service yet, but I definitely like having another vote for Tandem. It seems like exactly the kind of place I was looking for!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts