Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
295/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx on Black SCS Ray 10s. Today was a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not all today, but tail light guards on and new Trail Grapplers 285/75R16.
Prinsu roof rack delivering tomorrow!:smile

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You're gonna love those Trail Grapplers. Only reason I went from those to the Ridge Grapplers was my wife complaining about the road noise.
So far the Ridge's are a lot quieter and seem to be just as good on the tough trails.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You're gonna love those Trail Grapplers. Only reason I went from those to the Ridge Grapplers was my wife complaining about the road noise.
So far the Ridge's are a lot quieter and seem to be just as good on the tough trails.
Yah, I would have gone with the Trail Grapplers, but then I would have had to change the wheels... They didn’t come in 16”s. I’m loving them. Not too much louder than the original tires. This is only my second pair of sneakers. :smile

·
Registered
140 Posts
In the back of your FJ, which company made your cabines?
Hello! I’m not sure who you are asking , or exactly what you want to know... since I’m one of the last to post, I’m going to ask, what is a “cabines”? Pretty sure that it isn’t a Brazilian band... :wink

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
In the back of your FJ, which company made your cabines?
Just guessing... the D-rings on the back bumper came from Amazon. Now that I went to see my order, I noticed that the price dropped since I made my purchase :surprise

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Off with the OEM... on with the CBI/Prinsu roof rack!
No more “rub” going into the garage with the fuel gauge on E :nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lets see, in today's episode of "Let's not be responsible with credit cards" orders were made. Ordered from a member and club president a 50QT ARB Fridge to go in my new custom rear storage unit that was also ordered. Ordered all the accoutrements that you need with a fridge; tie downs, power kit, remote monitor. Buy once, cry once.

Also pulled the trigger and ordered the transmission cooler and parts I needed plus Blue Sea electric sockets because I want an obnoxious amount of ports. Also ordered the Midland GMRS MXT400 with a 3dBd antenna.

Finally, dropped off my rig at Texas Audio in Garland to get my 11 year old factory stereo and windows taken care of. Went max tint shade legally allowed up front and 20% in the back. Went with JL 6x9 C2-690tx Component speakers in the doors and Jl C2-350x 3.5-Inch 2 Way Speakers in the dash and some baby 2 inch JBL speakers in the back. Powering the front speakers is a JL Audio MX280 amp @ 140 watts RMS per speaker. Its waterproof and micro so we got it mounted behind the stereo console (but it could go underneath the seat and its waterproof!). Its new this year and is digital and shouldn't have over-heating issues given what is powering and its location.

I took out the old FJ Factory Sub because I'm going to need that space and instead went with a brand new to the market Kenwood Micro-sub BKSC-PSW8 that fits underneath my seat. Its a 8" shallow sub with a built in 150 watt RMS amp in a solid metal housing that fits perfectly underneath our FJ seats. I can have the chair pushed all the way back with full clearance on this thing. Did sound dampening and everything hooked up to the existing Pioneer head unit. It is night and day different than factory, totally over-kill but I love it!

The goal was to get something that could be loud for long distances without over-heating, can go boom (when I'm solo) or be very chill (sub is 100% adjustable and the Mrs doesn't need here teeth vibrating to EDM) and doesn't eat a ton of battery juice. Still, I'm def leaning at doing a 2nd battery (solar seems like a hassle still) sooner than later now but not before Jambo.

Now is the hustle to get this stuff all done before Jambo!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Lets see, in today's episode of "Let's not be responsible with credit cards" orders were made. Ordered from a member and club president a 50QT ARB Fridge to go in my new custom rear storage unit that was also ordered. Ordered all the accoutrements that you need with a fridge; tie downs, power kit, remote monitor. Buy once, cry once.

Now is the hustle to get this stuff all done before Jambo!
Just curious, what rear storage unit?
Wife gave me a birthday card last week that said "buy a fridge on me".
I already have a good idea of what fridge I want, but I was thinking about drawers and a slider to mount it on.
Obviously I haven't done all my research yet.
My father in law is handy with wood, so I might have to find some plans and build them.

301 - 311 of 311 Posts