Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching Ebay today for some all-weather floor mats and saw some Custome Diamond Plate floor mats. Is anyone using these? Or is the maker on this forum? I'm curious to know the positives/negatives of these if possible.

Thanks,

Pack

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly it. I like the look of it and the fact that it's easy to clean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You better velcro those down good or bolt them in, or if you get into an accident or roll -- they will come loose and kill you. Loose metal in the cabin is not a risk I'm willing to take.

- Hakrjak

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think they would be to slick when your foot is wet or covered in mud

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a set like that in a Dodge pickup I had a few years ago. They where flat when I got them and had to be bent to fit the floor, and I screwed them down rather then use the velcro that was supplied. Everyone that saw them liked the look, and I never saw another vehicle with them. My two complaints where, they never warmed up in the winter, and your foot was always cold when driving, and the shiny finish doesn't last and gets scratch up. I chose to sand mine lightly to loose the gloss finish, which looked better anyways.

·
Registered
476 Posts
But mud, snow, slush and water look like they would just flow off and under the seat...so they don't look to me like they would do much good. Stylish though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts