Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figure I start a thread of my new to me 2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4. I picked this up about 2 weeks ago. I traded my wife's 2015 Forester XT for this FJ. Yeah, the Forester had all the bells and whistles a 2015 Forester could have, not to mention a Turbo, but it just kept having issues and I just had enough. I like working on cars but not repairing cars which I learned to do after the dealership replaced the first wheel bearing for $800....

I have always loved the FJ ever since it came out and thought I would never be able to get one as the values have gone up considerably in my area. Now that we have an FJ we are officially a Toyota family as we also have a 2020 Tundra and a Prius.

Here are some pictures from when I first picked it up:
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Vehicle
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Gear shift Satellite radio Radio Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason, my FJ was missing the front filler pieces right below each headlight. Luckily, I have a contact at Toyota from my local Tundra group and the pieces should be in tomorrow.

My wife had to work on thanksgiving and I had a few hours in the morning so I did my first major mod - a prinsu rack. My FJ had several dents on the roof and even one that was fairly large. What I love about the prinsu is it somewhat masks the dents and/or at least takes away the attention. It was a challenge doing this alone but I was motivated.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did a few more things this past weekend:
-New Kenwood stereo with android auto
-Compustar Remote Start
-Installed front OEM mud guards
-Installed the missing front filler pieces below the headlights
Plant Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part
Car Land vehicle Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting

Purchased but awaiting install:
-Ironman4x4 Stage 3 Foam Cell Lift Kit
-OEM Tow Hitch
-Black OEM Lug Nuts
-Black Spidertrwx 1.25" Wheel Spacers
-Ditch Light Brackets with Rigid D series Amber Pod lights
-Amsoil Engine Oil and Amsoil Fluid replacement for Diffs and Transfer Case

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just installed some black Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and black OEM Toyota lug nuts. Started blacking out the rear valence and bumper protectors. Have to redo the valence because it came out too bubbly. Also installed OEM tow hitch. Pics to come.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car
Finished the front and rear bumper black out. Installed some black side mirrors on Friday and bow I am just waiting for the door handles. Yesterday, I had the chance to finally remove the URD Y pipe that came with the Fj and replace it with the 2 lower OEM cats thanks to @Iconic_ for hooking me up with a good deal. Now my wife is happier as the fumes arent so bad anymore.

Paid and waiting for:
Rear OEM cargo nets for tailgate.
Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Stage 3 Lift kit
Resz rock sliders without kickout and top plates.

REALLY debating on whether I should pickup resz V1 front bumper and resz skid plates.

·
Registered
2014 TTUE & 2012TT
1,821 Posts
View attachment 1184658 View attachment 1184659 View attachment 1184660 View attachment 1184661 View attachment 1184662 View attachment 1184663 Finished the front and rear bumper black out. Installed some black side mirrors on Friday and bow I am just waiting for the door handles. Yesterday, I had the chance to finally remove the URD Y pipe that came with the Fj and replace it with the 2 lower OEM cats thanks to @Iconic_ for hooking me up with a good deal. Now my wife is happier as the fumes arent so bad anymore.

Paid and waiting for:
Rear OEM cargo nets for tailgate.
Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Stage 3 Lift kit
Resz rock sliders without kickout and top plates.

REALLY debating on whether I should pickup resz V1 front bumper and resz skid plates.
Truck looks great

Where did you get the "Rear OEM cargo nets for tailgate."

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I completed my blackout of the exterior and finally got my Ironman 4x4 Foam cell pro stg 3 lift kit installed along with new cv axles, wheel bearings, cam bolts, and front lower control arms.

Just want to say, I almost didn't get this kit because other people said it was too stiff. I have the performance 2" springs front and back and the ride is perfect. Not too stiff at all! Absorbs road imperfections extremely well and body roll is vastly improved. Very comparable to the feel of the fox suspension on my Tundra TRD pro but with better handling during curves. Highly recommend this setup.

Also, what's interesting to note is I did some measurements of the front and rear height using the highest point at the bottom of the oem fender flares and got 34.5" front and 36.5" rear before the lift. After the lift: 38.5" front and rear. I was surprised the front came up 4 inches and the rear went up the advertised 2". Im sure it will settle as they all do and when my resz v1 bumper and badlands apex winch get installef that should bring the front down for sure.

Top pic is with the lift and bottom is before.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Figure id add an update. The Ironman 4x4 foam cell pro stage 3 suspension is such a great setup. I love the suspension and it excellent both on and off road. It eats up road imperfections very smoothly.

I had a busy New Years Eve as I installed ditch light brackets with rigid d series pro pod lights, changed the oil to amsoil full synthetic, replaced the rear diff fluid with amsoil severe duty 75w90, and greased up the driveshaft and u-joint zerks with Lucas red n tacky grease.

Ever since I got the car theres been an audible light grinding noise at low speeds. After replacing both front CV joints and both front wheel bearings, I still heard the sound. After replacing the rear diff fluid and greasing up the driveline, I feel like the noise has reduced significantly.

Next up is replacing the front diff and transfer case fluids.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts