Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Dice installed into my FJ... left it in direct mode so I can control via the iPhone.

Can I use the Dice in hybrid mode with the iPhone?

I just want to be sure I would still be able to access things like google maps or take phone calls.

Also will the text show up on the Fjammer in hybrid?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Haven't tried it w/ my 3G. I couldn't get it to work w/ my iPhone 1.0 and didn't bother to investigate since I just used an old iPod and leave it in the glovebox anyways.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am jealous... you got a 3G.

BTW it does work with my iPhone in direct mode where I control it via the iPhone... except this morning where the DICE froze up and the only way to fix it was to pop the hood and pull the radio fuses.

What I am curious about is using it in locked out mode where you control via the Fjammer... will I still be able to access the other iPhone controls like google maps or internet via the iPhone with only the iPod part being locked out? or does it lock out the whole phone.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I am jealous... you got a 3G.

BTW it does work with my iPhone in direct mode where I control it via the iPhone... except this morning where the DICE froze up and the only way to fix it was to pop the hood and pull the radio fuses.

What I am curious about is using it in locked out mode where you control via the Fjammer... will I still be able to access the other iPhone controls like google maps or internet via the iPhone with only the iPod part being locked out? or does it lock out the whole phone.

You can us the iPhone in locked mode and still access the iPhones other control. You just can't access the iPod controls. Also unfortunately the new 3G changed the pin out and now the iPhone 3G will not charge while using the dice unit. But never fear we will be coming out with a new cable in a couple of weeks. So look out for the post on when that'll be in. Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Any updates on the new cable?

I have had my DICE for a while and it works fine with the 5G iPod with video. Do I need to get any f/w updates to get it to work with the iPhone 3G?

·
Banned
124 Posts
Any updates on the new cable?

I have had my DICE for a while and it works fine with the 5G iPod with video. Do I need to get any f/w updates to get it to work with the iPhone 3G?
We are working on a new cable right now for the new 3g iPods/iPhones. It looks like we are about 60 to 90 days out. I will be making a post as soon as the cable becomes avalible.

·
Registered
375 Posts
We are working on a new cable right now for the new 3g iPods/iPhones. It looks like we are about 60 to 90 days out. I will be making a post as soon as the cable becomes avalible.
Will this cable work for the ipod touch as well? Because when I plug it in, I get a message that say it is an unauthorized accesory and ipod will not charge, also doesnt transmit text. Will this cable be free I hope??? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Will this cable work for the ipod touch as well? Because when I plug it in, I get a message that say it is an unauthorized accesory and ipod will not charge, also doesnt transmit text. Will this cable be free I hope??? :bigthumb:
Why would it be free?

·
Banned
124 Posts

The touch is a 3g iPod, that has Apples new charging system in it. We are working on a cable to work with that. This should be ready in about a month.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why would it be free?
I was hoping it would be since the adapter already cost me money when I originally bought it, and I thought it was just the cord you had to replace so I figured they could just send that out as a fix. If its not free I hope its let than 30 as already mentioned.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I was hoping it would be since the adapter already cost me money when I originally bought it, and I thought it was just the cord you had to replace so I figured they could just send that out as a fix. If its not free I hope its let than 30 as already mentioned.

Scosche has a good idea there for a short term solution. You will be adding a few inches to your dock plug before it plugs into your iPod. This is also more connections for your audio to travel trough. There is a good chance that the quality of your audio could suffer due to this.

We are working on the long term solution for you. No need to keep adding adaptors to adators, when you can just get a new cable that will be able to support the charging. The new cable that we are doing is going to last you as long as you own the car. If you have a DICE Electronics kit already and have the 3G iPod or iPhone, we are making a new iPod cable that will be exactly like the current cable that you have. The new cable will of course support the new Apple charging system.

Our solution will be available and shipping by the first part of December. The new replacement cable will be $39.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts