Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I just bought a new ipod
and wanted to know if the dice controler is working corrently now.
i have seen post back and forth.

does fjammer display ipod info now.
I also read at one point it would only display number and not characters?

it the current version working currectly with the fjammer.

thanks

looking to order soon if it does

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey guys

I just bought a new ipod

thanks

The unit I have currently works perfectly, and displays all text from my Ipod. I am using the most recent gen video ipod.

The first unit I had failed after a few months, however the new one that they replaced it with has been working great.

I have found their customer service to be excellent--so if you do have issues, I would expect them to back you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah I use my FJammer with my Zune and it doesn't display like an Ipod does but still works great

·
Banned
124 Posts
Hello,
Yes, the DICE i-Toyota-R kit has finally been working properly with the FJammer after the last update a few weeks ago. If you need any further information, let me know!

Best Regards,
Adam

Hey guys

I just bought a new ipod

thanks

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I'd be interested in more information on the update. I bought mine in April of this year and every 5-10 engine starts the DICE unit fails to show itself on the head unit. Is this addressed by the update?

Thanks

·
Banned
124 Posts
Hello,
Yes, the update resolved this issue specifically and now the DICE unit recognizes on each startup. Send me an email at [email protected] with your full name, shipping address and phone number please, and I will arrange an exchange for you.

Best Regards,
Adam

I'd be interested in more information on the update. I bought mine in April of this year and every 5-10 engine starts the DICE unit fails to show itself on the head unit. Is this addressed by the update?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Adam, thanks for arranging the RMA. The new unit works perfectly. On every start the DICE unit and head unit link up and the iPod is recognized. It also appears to be much quicker.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know that ipod text displays on the Fjammer with the Dice unit, but will it display on the non-fjammer radio that us cheaper FJ'er have?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Adam, thanks for arranging the RMA. The new unit works perfectly. On every start the DICE unit and head unit link up and the iPod is recognized. It also appears to be much quicker.

Thanks for all your help.
Yup, what he said. My new DICE update has worked with only one flaw since November, when I got the update. One time, the steering wheel controls failed to control the "forward track" and volume. That was it, and that was about 6 weeks ago.

The text works, it recognizes the unit on EVERY startup; in short, it's working the way it should.

Sandi

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
So which Dice unit works on my '07 FJ, I've got the 80GB video ipod (5th gen?).

Thanks, DEWFPO

·
Banned
124 Posts
So which Dice unit works on my '07 FJ, I've got the 80GB video ipod (5th gen?).

Thanks, DEWFPO
Hi DEWFPO,
The i-Toyota-R is the kit that will work with your '07 FJ and 5th gen iPod Video. With the 5th gen, it will not get locked out and you will have control from the radio and iPod simultaneously.

Best Regards,

·
Banned
124 Posts
Do you know if the unit will work on an '04 Sienna with Nav and rear seat DVD?
Hi sunfusion,
Is there a CD-changer in the vehicle, and if so where is it located? The i-Toyota-R shouldn't have any issues with your vehicle, it's only the rear-seat DVD system that I'm not completely positive about. I know on the newer 06-07 Toyota's, the rear seat DVD isn't an issue. Do you have a separate DVD button from the CD button on your radio? Let me know.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
25 Posts
After attempting to order the i-Toyota-R unit directly from DICE, I was told that DICE doesn't send out units to Canada. They referred me to Enfig (www.enfig.com). I ordered the unit. Out of interest I called DICE to find out what was the difference with the Silverline version since I noticed the website update beforehand. They mentioned it was the latest version with more functionality. When asked if Enfig was shipping the latest version (Silverline), I was told that maybe since they still have old stock (the older non-Silverline version) they may ship either one. Sure enough when I called Enfig, they did not ship out the Silverline version. They will "allow" me to return the original unit (I have still not received it yet but it has been shipped) and I can reorder the Silverline version. They mentioned that I should have requested the Silverline unit originally - though no such description or choice exists on their website. I'll have to eat the shipping cost to and from Canada and any customs/duty charges (maybe twice!). A very unsatisfactory experience!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi sunfusion,
Is there a CD-changer in the vehicle, and if so where is it located? The i-Toyota-R shouldn't have any issues with your vehicle, it's only the rear-seat DVD system that I'm not completely positive about. I know on the newer 06-07 Toyota's, the rear seat DVD isn't an issue. Do you have a separate DVD button from the CD button on your radio? Let me know.

Best Regards,
No, there is no separate button. I just press the DISC button twice. The rear DVD is in the Changer slot from what I understand.

·
Banned
124 Posts
No, there is no separate button. I just press the DISC button twice. The rear DVD is in the Changer slot from what I understand.
Is your radio system factory satellite radio capable (AM/SAT button)? If so, then our kit would work with the rear DVD functional. If it is not SAT capable, then the rear DVD would probably need to be disconnected since it is taking up the external CD-changer source.

Best Regards,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts