Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked these out? I see 265/70R-17 listed. The tread looks like ribbed boulders. I first saw them on the Rough Country site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Re: D*ck Cepek Mud Country anyone?

D*ck Cepek

Thats a good one.

Damned computer can't even tell the frank from the beans.

·
Registered
938 Posts

Please refer to "**** Cepek tires as Penis Cepek from now on so we can be Politically & Internetically Correct.

·
Registered
327 Posts

We have them on two rigs here a TJ and a Samuri. The Samuri guy loves them in the rocks and sand. No mud results yet but, with name like "Mud Country" they should do pretty well.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I have put approx. 3000 kms on my set. They are an outstanding tire in mud and rain. The highway noise is minimal and handling at highways speeds is fine. I can probably give a snow report in the next week as it's getting frikken cold here!

·
Registered
203 Posts

I think these are the tires Corey has....Same moldings as the SST

·
Registered
565 Posts

Please refer to "**** Cepek tires as Penis Cepek from now on so we can be Politically & Internetically Correct.
Internetically:program: :smokin: :up_to_something: Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

I am running the D!ck Cepek Mountaincats, which is a clone of the Cooper Discoverer STTs.
Made in the same molds, and made by Cooper.

If the muds are anything like my Mountaincats, they should be good.
These ride as smooth as the stock tires that came off.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/171973-post32.html

·
Registered
729 Posts

Here are the Copper STT's...Just got them this week...So far so good!! Handling is the same if not better than the stock tires on the road so far...They are extremely silent on the road and work wonders in sand and loose gravel...These are stock size 265/70/17...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

I really like the look of these muds. Think Im gonna go do some cookies on the stockers so I can get these sooner.

·
Registered
729 Posts

I really like the look of these muds. Think Im gonna go do some cookies on the stockers so I can get these sooner.
They really do make the truck look like it was supposed to look like!! Talked to a few guys who have this tires on their fords, etc. and said they are great tires and all got about 50,000 miles out of them...

·
Registered
341 Posts

So, I'm searching for tire info. and ran into this old thread. Looks like it headed to the Mountaincats and STTs, despite the title. I'm interested in the DC Mud Country and how they handle in the rain and on the road. Anybody?

For those running the Mud Country in a 33X12.50-17, what is your wheel offset? I'm looking at a 3in. Toytec lift and wheels with a -11mm offset. Anybody with similar mods to lend some info. or advice? I'm sure the "body mount chop" will be a necessity, but will I still have rubbing off road? What does everyone think? Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

Here are the Copper STT's...Just got them this week...So far so good!! Handling is the same if not better than the stock tires on the road so far...They are extremely silent on the road and work wonders in sand and loose gravel...These are stock size 265/70/17...

Luv the tires but you missed one.

D. Cepek Mud Country Reviews - 19 reviews - 100% recomendation:
Reviews - Dick Cepek Mud Country Tire Reviews by Offroaders.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Review Engine Powered by ReviewPost

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I ran a set of 33x16 DC muds and they are nice and sticky on the rocks.You wont be disappointed.Good all around tire IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts