Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that Toyotas coverage of SEMA was pretty weak seeing that they featured it on their site and had that flash program that showed about nothing?

I would have expected that they would atleast post the Rubicon video shortly after it ran at the show. There is not even any pics.

·
Registered
524 Posts
IMHO, Dodge/Chrysler had the strongest showing at the event. With Ford 2nd, and GM third. Toyotas setup was pretty small compared to the big 3, as was Nissan and Mitsu's showing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that with as much fanfair that it got on their site that they would have had more coverage available on the web.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Honestly, I thought it was pretty weak, but the FJ Cruiser was there and that's what I wanted to see. Sure, they could have brought a stronger representation of ALL of their products, but I wanted time to play in the FJ Cruiser and that's what I got.

I am let down that they haven't put the video they were showing at sema up on the website. That video kicked much ass. Also, I would like to see a WHOLE lot more information available on the web. Having more information just means that those of us who are fanatic about this vehicle have what we need to defend our off-road vehicle choice against jeep and hummer owning haters that don't respond well to logical reasoning.

It seems they are leaving a lot to us. Which, I don't so much mind, but it would be nice to be able to share that video.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well the SEMA page for Toyota has three(maybe four dates) Nov. 2, 4th and then the 30th. That would be pretty weak if they already had the video but were going to wait until the 30th to post it to the web. Especially when it has this many crack addicts needing their weekly FJ fix.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
LOL csherrill - it's more like a daily fix at this point. I even find myself chasing down the mailman wondering if he doesn't have some literature for me or a lost letter from Toyota hiding in his Mail Heep somewhere...

So the next site centered around the FJ Cruiser will be a self-help site designed to help us work through our addiction?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just to let you addicts know (I'm one of them) -- I have some documents to scan in that should give us our daily fix :)

Stay tuned, hopefully later tonight I'll be posting it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hey, ekool, what is the possibility of getting more space for photos in the gallery? I had more to load, just no more space to load them into. That, and I had a crappy digital so the images didn't all turn out that great.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Percy said:
Hey, ekool, what is the possibility of getting more space for photos in the gallery? I had more to load, just no more space to load them into. That, and I had a crappy digital so the images didn't all turn out that great.
I'd say the chances are pretty good :)

I've upped the limit from 3mb to 15mb, hope this helps.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anxiously awaiting the video. V. curious about the new documents ekool. Can't wait.

Also speaking of the "fix", I was at the TOYOTA center here in Houston for a Rockets game last night. They have several models (Tacoma, Tundra, etc) actually inside the stadium, but of course not the FJ just yet. You guys have your inside sources, your executive sales managers, etc. My informants (the usher and the beer salesmen) did not offer up any information when interrogated about the FJ, but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
csherrill, threats of physical violence seem to work... ; )

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Aaaah, they were handing that one out at SEMA. Just like a drug, we need stronger doses for a fix... the same thing won't work twice. E for effort though. Good lookin' out.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Poor guy. It was a nice try!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts