Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've been looking for a thread on this issue all day. The same thing happened to me last night. I pumped grease into the zerks last week to try and quiet the bushing noise that I constantly hear when pulling in and out of parking places. It went away and then came back this week. Thinking that I didn't grease them enough I went out last night and did the passenger side again. When I got to the driver side I about freaked. One of the front bushing looked like it was swollen and about ready to pop off the a-arm. I noticed this a little on the passenger side but did not worry as much. Total Chaos was closed today (Friday) so I contacted my local motorsports dealer where I purchased these and he told me the bushings were bulging because the old grease had nowhere to go, that I pumped too much grease into them and they somehow got sealed.

When I was pumping the grease I kept expecting to see it start pouring out between the washers (DID NOT HAPPEN).

I will be taking my UCA's apart this weekend, cleaning out all the old grease and regreasing all fittings and putting them back together. I hope this quiet's them down a bit and gets rid of the bulging. I will repost to tell of the outcome when I am done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts