Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 16 TRD wheel upgrade with the BFG All terrain tires, I think its suppose to come with wheel locks, according to the invoice- "wheel and spare lock". Dont see it on the wheels.
And the dealer said comes with Remote Start, extended warranty, and other crap in the package. But they said they didn't make the remote start for the FJ yet, so they gave me a vocher and when they have the remote start, they'll call me.
No wheel locks, and have to wait for the remote start.
Wadda you guys think?

·
Registered
982 Posts
TurboFJ said:
I got the 16 TRD wheel upgrade with the BFG All terrain tires, I think its suppose to come with wheel locks, according to the invoice- "wheel and spare lock". Dont see it on the wheels.
And the dealer said comes with Remote Start, extended warranty, and other crap in the package. But they said they didn't make the remote start for the FJ yet, so they gave me a vocher and when they have the remote start, they'll call me.
Wadda you guys think?
did you check your spare? That text is a bit ambiguous and I'd make sure it isn't just one lock for that wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
TurboFJ said:
Wadda you guys think?
That "package" sounds like it's something the dealer put together to maximize profit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Toyota 5 wheel lock kits are in stock and readily available.
Same price as the 4 wheel lock set!
Good idea to get them on as soon as possible with those nice wheels & tires.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the dealer definitely wanted to maximize the profit. If i didn't take the package, they i said i have to order one and pay a $3000 premium. I didn't know about the remote start not being installed untill I purchased and asked for the remote. that's when they said, they dont have it yet. And there is no lock on the spare either.
Oh well,

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Your dealer sounds a little disreputable. If they sold you something that was not on the vehicle and did not disclose this until after the completion of the sale, that is illegal in most states. You cannot charge someone for goods or services they did not receive. I am not sure what state you are in, but you may want to look into the laws that govern vehicle sales. I am sure whatever they are charging for the remote start is well over what an after-market alarm/remote start system would cost. Personally, I would ask for a refund for any items not received. They "should" be listed on your purchase agreement as a line item. Just my two cents....

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
TurboFJ said:
True.. i'll have to go back to them and check.
Anyone know or have a remote start on their FJ. Do they make it for the FJ
It's not something that's being offered by Toyota. Sounds like an aftermarket thing that the dealer is adding.

Why don't you just tell us what you got (options, accessories, etc.) and tell us what your pre-tax price was, and we'll tell you if you got screwed or not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.. i'm gonna try not to leave anything out.
Yellow-automatic with

Base Vehicle $23,300

Add-Ons $7,167

DPH [1] $605

TOTAL MSRP [1] $31,072

Rock Rails $575
Roof Rack $649
Spare Tire Cover $169
Tow Hitch $349
16'' TRD 6-Spoke Wheel $1,899
Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat 5-pc set $199
First Aid Kit $29
Passenger Side Arm Rest $125
Rear Door Storage $89
VIP Security (R3200 Plus w/ Proximity Sensor) $479

I paid the MSRP- about $31K + 3k addendum(normally a premium if ordering ) but used the $3,000 for extended warranty- 7 years, 100,000, chemical treated paint, corrosion thing, and remote starter ( they said it cost $695).
I said i didn't want the addendum, but its required for this particular one in the lot. Otherwise I have to order one and pay a $3,000 premium.
So basically, about $34,000 and change

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Yikes. Yes, I'd say you got screwed. Sorry :( These cars can be had for MSRP at many, many dealers. Some forum members have flown to other states to get theirs.

I'm afraid you paid far too much.

·
Registered
455 Posts
TurboFJ said:
Ok.. i'm gonna try not to leave anything out.
Yellow-automatic with

Base Vehicle $23,300

Add-Ons $7,167

DPH [1] $605

TOTAL MSRP [1] $31,072

Rock Rails $575 http: www.toyotapartsoutlet.com <<<Check 'em out!
Roof Rack $649
Spare Tire Cover $169 <<<<<<< could have bought from above cheaper
most of this stuff is easy bolt ons with holes already in place
Tow Hitch $349
16'' TRD 6-Spoke Wheel $1,899 <<<<<< again...available for less....did they send you home with the stock rims you paid for too???
Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat 5-pc set $199 <<<<same-"installs easy"
First Aid Kit $29 <costco sells a better one
Passenger Side Arm Rest $125
Rear Door Storage $89 <<<<< same as above
VIP Security (R3200 Plus w/ Proximity Sensor) $479 <<<<you must have been in a spending mood???

I paid the MSRP- about $31K + 3k addendum(normally a premium if ordering ) but used the $3,000 for extended warranty- 7 years, 100,000, chemical treated paint, corrosion thing, and remote starter ( they said it cost $695).
<<<<I want a customer like you at my shop!!!

I said i didn't want the addendum, but its required for this particular one in the lot. Otherwise I have to order one and pay a $3,000 premium.
So basically, about $34,000 and change
My opinion---only 3400.00 more than you needed to spend.
See above interlaced notes...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, i forgot to mention.. they gave me $6000 for my 98 dodge dakota v8 with a camper shell, 72,000 miles on it, manual. I got that in writing before I bought the truck to them to appraise, which they appraised for $4,000. I was gonna sell it on ebay for $7,000.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
TurboFJ said:
oh, i forgot to mention.. they gave me $6000 for my 98 dodge dakota v8 with a camper shell, 72,000 miles on it, manual. I got that in writing before I bought the truck to them to appraise, which they appraised for $4,000. I was gonna sell it on ebay for $7,000.
So you lost another 1,000 by not selling it privately? Uugh. I'm sorry friend.

Let TurboFJ's unfortunate experience be a lesson to others who haven't bought one yet. Do not pay more than MSRP for any reason.

I once got screwed like that on a car because I didn't do my research. I swore I'd never let it happen again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Tractorlegend--

16'' TRD 6-Spoke Wheel $1,899 <<<<<< again...available for less....did they send you home with the stock rims you paid for too???

You mean to tell me i'm suppose to get the 17" rims too ?

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
TurboFJ said:
Hey Tractorlegend--

If you got the Upgrade Package, you paid for them.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
TurboFJ said:
do u mean the upgrade package #1 for $2,560.
The one i got was $1,899 under individual option.
Oh, so you didn't get the package with the FJammer, ATRAC, Locking Diff, etc?

·
Registered
119 Posts
TurboFJ said:
Hey Tractorlegend--

They charged you once for the original tires and wheels. Then again for the ones in the upgrade package. Then again for the ones in the tire and wheel upgrade.

There's a reason people here refer to the people who work at car places as "stealers". Don't ask how much the undercoating costs them.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts