Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
So I turned the nannies off with the inline switch for my no-cut ATRAC/DIFF LOCK HACK and as expected the traction control stopped trying to work. I wonder if this is the result of both hacks being done? So I need to have both mods active for the rear diff lock and have traction control deactivated.
Now I don't know why. Maybe the variation of the mods are so similar yet slightly different, they're causing a cross over. As such, sorry @ttfjc, mine is an '07 as well, but I can say I performed only the diff hack on demand. These are the lights I get (same as yours I believe). ABS does turn off. If you need it on, seems like @FatJohnson did the correct one for you (no-cut hack). My a-trac is not hacked so no test.
First pic is Diff hack on/2wd. Second pic is Diff hack on/4wd.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now I don't know why. Maybe the variation of the mods are so similar yet slightly different, they're causing a cross over. As such, sorry @ttfjc, mine is an '07 as well, but I can say I performed only the diff hack on demand. These are the lights I get (same as yours I believe). ABS does turn off. If you need it on, seems like @FatJohnson did the correct one for you (no-cut hack). My a-trac is not hacked so no test.
First pic is Diff hack on/2wd. Second pic is Diff hack on/4wd.
This is what my dash looks like. However, abs is always on when the diff oock is off. So it disabled my abs until i put it back to facrory

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
So from the pics @jamesepoop, the diff hack on it's own when activated, will light all 3 lights vs the single light that I get with both hacks done. Now it makes me wonder who else has done the same hacks as mine on their '07 FJ and what they see on their dash?? Nothing seems consistent other than our diffs all lock up

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
If anybody has any ideas why the diff lock indicator light flashes even though the diff is locked please let me know. I guess it's not a problem since it's engaging but I like things to work as they should.
Hi Cliffy I'm reading through the thread, but at this stage, it looks like you're engaging the diff lock, but the signal wire back to the ECU isn't working for some reason.
The signal wire carries +12v when unlocked and 0v when locked, so perhaps you have earthed the wrong end of the wire? The end that should be earthed is the wire from the plug, not the end coming from the loom.
The speed wire should just be cut.

As a matter of interest, the locker signal wire is the one that you put a switch on when you want to do the no-nannies hack (also in my signature) - all that does is trick the ECU into believing that you are in 4LL with the locker engaged and turns the nannies off (VSC/TRC/ABS).

The Diff lock anytime has the same effect on the VSC/TRC/ABS as the no-nannies hack but it actually locks the diff rather than faking it. Both hacks have their place.

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
Ok, I reconnected what I thought was speed sensor wire and no change. The rear diff lock is engaging but indicator light on dash only blinks never stays on 'solid'.
I do believe it to be the speed sensor wire because I have no other obvious symptoms of that wire being cut.
After the nannies instant off mod performed I'm now not getting the vsc and abs lights when diff is locked.... is this normal?
Question for guys with instant off nannies mod. What lights come on your dash when engaged and when you engage diff lock what lights are you getting?
I'll make a video for you and send a link to show normal operation of these mods.

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
Disconnecting the terminal resets but it comes back on when i start up after about 5 seconds. I reconnected the wires back to factory and disconnect the terminal and were back to stock no lights everything works. I grounded the wire comming from the little blue box. White wire blue stripe.
The hack worked. But i lose abs.
Didnt touch speedwire
Losing ABS is correct for this hack. Because the rear diff is locked, the car assumes two things:
- You're moving slowly in 4LL
- You know what you're doing and don't want the ECU to take over ANYTHING for you - so no ABS, No VSC, No TRC. ATRAC will still work if you are indeed in 4LL if your model normally allows ATRAC with the rear locker engaged or if you've done the ATRAC+RR DL hack.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'll make a video for you and send a link to show normal operation of these mods.
Thanks partner but I think I'm straight with the two mods although with my diff lock on demand hack my indicator light only blinks and never goes solid. The diff is locking though.

I mentioned you because I know you have a '14 with the hack and @ttfjc is having trouble with the hack on his '10. We didn't know if there was a variation of the hack for the newer fj's? Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
Thanks partner but I think I'm straight with the two mods although with my diff lock on demand hack my indicator light only blinks and never goes solid. The diff is locking though.

I mentioned you because I know you have a '14 with the hack and @ttfjc is having trouble with the hack on his '10. We didn't know if there was a variation of the hack for the newer fj's? Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
OK No issues.
There are a bunch of variations of the no nannies hack, but so far as I know, there's only one for the diff lock on demand hack.
The no nannies hack I have is the one where a switch is put inline on the signal wire - it's very simple and no need to feed +12v anywhere.
It also doesn't affect any other functionality. I'll do a video anyway.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
My 07 has three hacks, the no-cut DIFF LOCK+ATRAC HACK, and a switch is put inline on the +12v wire for the NO-NANNIES HACK, and finally the DIFF LOCK HACK without the speed wire cut.

My nanny lights do not come on when I lock the diff in 2hi/4hi, and the last time I tested it I felt my traction control trying to work until I manually switched off the nannies.

Any idea why? I’m guessing it’s the combination platter of the three mods?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Losing ABS is correct for this hack. Because the rear diff is locked, the car assumes two things:
- You're moving slowly in 4LL
- You know what you're doing and don't want the ECU to take over ANYTHING for you - so no ABS, No VSC, No TRC. ATRAC will still work if you are indeed in 4LL if your model normally allows ATRAC with the rear locker engaged or if you've done the ATRAC+RR DL hack.

so even in high range with out the rr lock on and with out the center locked i wont have ABS?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
@thane your silver fresco is 2010+ right? You're the one that suggested the diff hack to me. Maybe you have some insight on the ABS issue @ttfjc is having.
so even in high range with out the rr lock on and with out the center locked i wont have ABS?
My 2010 ABS functions with RR Lock off. With RR Lock on all nannies are off, atrac can be activated.

I did a one wire ground hack.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My 2010 ABS functions with RR Lock off. With RR Lock on all nannies are off, atrac can be activated.

I did a one wire ground hack.
i also did the one wire ground hack. white wire blue stripe. ground the end coming from the little blue box. tape the other end up. ABS is constantly on. no matter what the setting

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I should mention that mine is an automatic transmission. I know Andrew’s is manual. Not sure if that makes any difference on how everything behaves.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I should mention that mine is an automatic transmission. I know Andrew’s is manual. Not sure if that makes any difference on how everything behaves.

dont think so ABS should be seperate i would think

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
OK No issues.
There are a bunch of variations of the no nannies hack, but so far as I know, there's only one for the diff lock on demand hack.
The no nannies hack I have is the one where a switch is put inline on the signal wire - it's very simple and no need to feed +12v anywhere.
It also doesn't affect any other functionality. I'll do a video anyway.
Nice, I'll be sure to watch the vid. Maybe I'll learn something, besides I enjoy your cool soothing Kiwi accent....:|

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
No - ABS returns to normal operation when switched off. See my video.

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
A really crappy video. I'll do a better one and put it on YouTube later...
My accent is a mess guys. It's a screwed up mess of kiwi, Brit and probably a bunch of others as well...

41 - 60 of 64 Posts