Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The head unit on the 2011 has a ton of buttons and cheap looking crime doodads all over it. I saw a review of a 2007 on you tube and the head unit looked different. No needless crap, Spartan and it has a large volume knob..

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yes, and it isn't compatible with previous year's wiring.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Scratching my head - wondering what a "crime doodad" is? I don't see anything but functional buttons on mine. And I believe it sounds so much better than my previous FJ's radio.

Only my opinion - I'm not an audiophile.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I meant to write chrome doo dads. Damn iPhone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The radio in my 2011 does have a few more features then my friends 2007 but it's not difficult to use and does have optional XM Radio that does not require installation of any additional equiptment.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The head unit on the 2011 has a ton of buttons and cheap looking crime doodads all over it. I saw a review of a 2007 on you tube and the head unit looked different. No needless crap, Spartan and it has a large volume knob..
2011 head end units definitely are different from previous years, both the base six speaker head unit made by Pioneer and the JBL "upgrade" head unit made by Fujitsu-Ten.

I have the Pioneer-built base six speaker head end unit, and it's not bad sound for a factory head end unit. I ran 8 gauge power and ground to it so it coud get some power, and I am using it to power ten Rockford Fosgate speakers. The stock speakers are soooooooooo POS. More info is here for anyone who hasn't read the thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/122575-2011-audio-mod.html.

-FJ Florida-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts