Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I m living in spain and project to adquire an FJ, But here the gas is very expensive, and the actual engine seems to be exagered in consumation!
I hear, yes I "hear" that some persons write in few places that an Diesel Engine version is in project.
Once I wish to know if these information is established 0n real information from valuable and reability source, or only a projection of our wishes....
Please, clear this urban legend or give me some hopes...
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
831 Posts
sad reality is i dont think that the us will ever get one. I think the only chance is if wrangler gets the diesel toyota will see how much people like it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How about the Highlander highbrid

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
sad reality is i dont think that the us will ever get one. I think the only chance is if wrangler gets the diesel toyota will see how much people like it.
The diesel that the wrangler might get runs circles around the current V6. More HP (like 30 more i think) and well over 100ftpds more, and still gets better gas mileage. If chrysler (or should i say mercades) can get it to pass 50 state emmsions by 2011, then they will probblt have a winner. As long as its not a $7K option)

In Spain I would think the Toyota 3.0 diesel might work.
It is used in a lot of trucks with the 4.0 gas motor, so I would think fit would not be that much work...
Eh?
Its not that the motor won't fit, but that the 3.0 diesel motor is low on power. Also it won't come close to passing the emissions standards of north america.

Diesels consume less than hybrids. I have not never understand the purpose of hybrid cars..
Emissions. Small diesels have alot more restrictions when it comes to emissions in north america. Not so much in europe. This is why europe is plagued with diesels, and north america isn't (that and diesel is like $2 cheaper a gallon in europe than gas, and $1 more than gas in north america.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Your title makes no sense. Asking is something is a fact or if it is reality? Don't both of those refer to it being actually built?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your title makes no sense. Asking is something is a fact or if it is reality? Don't both of those refer to it being actually built?
Dude :lol: the guy is from Spain and English is obviously not his native language, cut him some slack!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Dude :lol: the guy is from Spain and English is obviously not his native language, cut him some slack!
HAHA my bad, i did read the first post even, i just saw the title scrolled down, and was like what in the world.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I wish they did put a diesel in a FJ, but unfortunately I don't think it's gonna happen.:mecry:

·
Registered
677 Posts
the price of diesel will make it a none reality unless they sell the fj worldwide!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.