Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my FJ and later found that the last owner added a front differential drop kit unnecessarily. I have since added Bilstein 5100's (set on the 3rd detent) and I think that I need to remove the drop kit since I believe it's the reason that firestone can't get it aligned in specs. It's not noticeable, but I'm not planning on lifting it more than the "leveling" that I just did with the 5100's.

I've been looking everywhere for the original bolts that were replaced when the drop kit was installed so I can delete the drop kit. Any help is appreciated along with thoughts if you have them on whether or not I should remove the drop kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
The Diff drop kit lowers the front axle down a little just to get you CV shafts on a reduced angle which is usually needed any front lift above 3". This kits has nothing to do with front end alignment. Your issue could possibly be frozen cam adjustment bolts in the lower control arms. Search front frozen cam bolts.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Diff drop won't affect alignment. Your alignment problem is elsewhere.

As for the bolts,

The part number for the two long bolts should be 9011914137. You could also replace it with a shorter one from your local hardware store

The part number for the nuts is 9017914063

Reactions: SilvFx
1 - 3 of 3 Posts