Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for a reply on a PM, but wanted to ask the forum anyway. If I do the Diff-Lok hack will that disable the "rev-limiter" ? Is the "rev limiter" the TRAC/ATRAC ? Just not real sure & wanted a little input. The reason I want to do the hack is I want to use the Locker in 2W HI. No matter what is possable with the hack,(engauging at any speed), I would only engauge Locker at a dead stop. I just feel that flipping that switch at any speed can't be a good thing. Just my 2cen. BTW guess I'm just old school but I still back up 10 to 12 feet when I go from 4 WD to 2 WD. I know I don't need to but just the way I am. Thanks for reply's....

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chirp....,Chrip..., Nothing but crickets?

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Rev limiter still works for me. The hack I did I can only turn it on when at a stop you might want to look at that one you can find the link in my build thread.

The rev limiter is not trac or a-trac totally different. Rev limiter makes it so you can't go past red line trac keeps you from losing control and a-trac transfers power to the wheels with grip when in 4 low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts