Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance, but what's the Difference between a lift kit or body lift?

If you can also post pictures to show the difference that would be awesome!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
A body lift is just that, lifts the body a little higher or to level if from the frame.
A full lift kit lifts everything in suspension to provide more ground clearance and suspension travel.
A body lift will allow bigger tires so may provide a 1" or 2 more ground clearance but will not change suspension travel.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
I guess this is what you are asking about, but most folks won't recommend it --

Revtek

It's always better to save up for a true 3" suspension lift, like an OME kit. Or level the front with OME 883 springs for $170 until you can afford the full lift.

Then again, if it is just about economics and you are doing it for appearance, you probably could get away with the Revtek.

I drove on Bilsteins and the OME 883 springs up front to level it with the rear -- and it was fine. Even had 285's stuffed in without any rubbing.

I mean, I think the Revtek 3" lift runs $400+. Save up another $400 and you could have the real OME 3" lift with new shocks and springs.

Worth it in IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
If you do a body lift, remember, the body is the only thing that's lifted. I know it sounds obvious, but you're going to have a bigger gap between the frame and the body. The bumpers and anything else mounted to the frame stays put. You'll have to live with the gap or find a solution to hiding it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I'd really like to see some close up pictures of what you mean.

But with the body lift, the truck will look higher right?

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
the body lift gap, witha 1 1/4" body lift, is nothing to wine about or have to "deal with". its really nota big deal. feel free to chk out my build..ive got the body lift ontop of a suspension lift, and have no issues! no gripes! no nada...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts